• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone here own Allison Acoustics speakers?

KxDx

I sold the ones I had (CD9 and Ones) before I ever got into measurements but now I want to see what their in-room response would be like.

Wondering if anyone here had a pair in use and could take REW room measurements with them in their recommended locations.

ThatSoundsGood

Forum Donor
No takers? I would also like to see this as I am being told that they are "more accurate and flatter in the 90Hz-400Hz range.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Yes, I have a pair of Allison Ones. They are quite good sounding loudspeakers. Not in use currently, but that can be rectified.
No REW capability though. If you're in New England and want to stop by some time, it could be arranged. ;)

"more accurate and flatter in the 90Hz-400Hz range.
More accurate and flatter than what?

Elkerton

In the 4th edition of Sound Reproduction by Floyd Toole, he discusses Allison’s work, but unfortunately, has no measurements of the Allison One. He does go on to discus the Acoustic Research AR-9, which” incorporated some of Allison’s adjacent boundary compensation ideas” and gives measurements from 200 Hz up from NRCC’s anechoic chamber.

DOuG pRATt

I once had the pleasure of meeting Roy Allison, after he had moved his facility from Natick to Framingham, where Bose continues to have its headquarters. I bought a couple of replacement midrange drivers that Roy said were improved over the units in my 3's that were made in 1977.

Top Bottom