• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any bookshelf speakers under 1k you would use for desk and home theater?

Joeyd33

I’ve been trying to see if I can find a bookshelf speaker system out there that would be great for both desk and home theater use. Not looking for a subwoofer at all so it would be nice to find something out there that played as low as the JBL 305p’s. They went low enough for me but I found them to be a bit lacking and not that good for movies. I don’t like bright speakers either and they can be either passive or active. I was looking at the Kali IN-8v2’s but not sure if they would be any good for home theater use. My home theater room is about 100 square feet and me and the family usually sit 5-10 feet away and the speakers can be spread out to 6 feet wide. I’m guessing I’ll have to probably get one set of speakers for my desk and then another set for movies but I did want to see if anyone out there has had any luck using one set of speakers.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
The Polk Signature Elite ES20 bookshelf/standmount loudspeaker may be an option if your desktop placement can accommodate their depth of 35 CM or 13.8 inches

Top Bottom