• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any Blue Öyster Cult fans on here?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Funny... Just dug out a couple of albums to try on the 'new' TT.

1227201320a_copy_918x887.jpg

OP
MDAguy

MDAguy

Forum Donor
my two favorites are Mirrors and Cultusaurus! Such a prolific and very under rated band..

side note, I used to play a lot of world of Warcraft, and in my guild was non other than Eric Bloom... we still keep in touch on LinkedIn

Haflermichi

Saw them in Hawaii in 1980(?) as part of the "Black and Blue" tour with Black Sabbath. Heart and Montrose (I think?) opened.
This was at the Aloha Stadium which just a few days ago was shut down, probably permanently, for safety reasons.
I had a poster of that event for years then lost it. Never been able to find one again. Probably "collectable"$$$ now.

Then a few years ago took my 11 year old son and saw them at the Napa county fair. Was going to see them again this past July at the Marin county fair but Covid put the kibosh on that show...Oh well. At least my son has been properly indoctrinated and loves them like me.
Buck Dharma is an awesome guitarist.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Don't recall hearing much BOC. I am a big fan of Patti Smith. More to the point, Sandy Pearlman was a customer at the Musical Offering in Berkeley when I was working there, I managed to strike up a conversation, we had a number of conversations after, even managed to run into him in the Upper West Side. He was fascinated with the music and a number of esoteric aspects of Renaissance England.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I love B.Ö.C. , but unlike some of you lucky buggers, I didn't get to see them live until after the Bouchard brothers had already left the band, first time being in the late 80's. Been to 6 of their shows, always a good time.
In the past year there has been at least 6 Blu Rays of more recent concerts by them, ranging from 2002 to almost present day, by a company called Frontiers Music.
I just ordered a copy of A Long Day's Night from Germany, the only recent Blu not available in the States. The DVD is long out of print, so it's nice to be able to get a copy, it's a good concert.

OP
MDAguy

MDAguy

Forum Donor
They had that one song, true.

I don't know if I've ever heard anything else by them, and if I have, I've forgotten it.

dude.. they're a super prolific band with a sound that varies from Punk rock and heavy metal to new wave and prog-rock...

Start by listening to the lossless (Qobuz has 96/24) recording of their album Mirrors.... and work backwards and forwards from 1979.

OP
MDAguy

MDAguy

Forum Donor
Don't recall hearing much BOC. I am a big fan of Patti Smith. More to the point, Sandy Pearlman was a customer at the Musical Offering in Berkeley when I was working there, I managed to strike up a conversation, we had a number of conversations after, even managed to run into him in the Upper West Side. He was fascinated with the music and a number of esoteric aspects of Renaissance England.

Well @Robin L guess who this is standing next to none other than Patti?? This was in San Francisco back in 2018.. BTW, we spent the entire time talking about her time working with BOC as I made it clear that I'd only heard of her after hearing her on Agents of Fortune...

IMG_0029.JPG

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
dude.. they're a super prolific band with a sound that varies from Punk rock and heavy metal to new wave and prog-rock...

Start by listening to the lossless (Qobuz has 96/24) recording of their album Mirrors.... and work backwards and forwards from 1979.

I'm still married.

I don't get to listen metal or punk on the big rig if the wife is at home.

OP
MDAguy

MDAguy

Forum Donor
I'm still married.

I don't get to listen metal or punk on the big rig if the wife is at home.

one more reminder why I got divorced ... not that I'm recommending with parting with more than half your net worth for the privilege of listening to BOC...

Top Bottom