• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier Pairing for Triangle Borea BR03 Speakers

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I do consider myself responsible and I can absolutely recommend that somebody does use a speaker tap cable to drive headphones as long as the amp is of adequate quality and performing within specification. I can't guarantee that a user will make a mistake, but the person who sells you a car can't guarantee that you won't speed and kill yourself either. Risk is up to the user to accept and mitigate.

You see, you recomend, iam not. The thema is discussed, everybody should do what they like to do. I feel saver not to recomend.

OP
R

rhz

Returning to the original theme, I emailed audiophonics. Those amps are currently on back order. I wonder if there's a comparable alternative? Would the Emotiva A-300 make sense here? And again, should I expect a noticeable sound improvement with a different amplifier over the Emotiva A-100 at low volumes?

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Back in May when I ordered mine, it said backorder at the time. They mentioned the Malaysian Hypex factory being closed at the time. I ordered anyway, and they shipped it two weeks later. Did they give an estimated time frame?

OP
R

rhz

Back in May when I ordered mine, it said backorder at the time. They mentioned the Malaysian Hypex factory being closed at the time. I ordered anyway, and they shipped it two weeks later. Did they give an estimated time frame?
The site says 1-4 weeks.... They said there's been a lot of demand for these amps.

OP
R

rhz

No. But they suggested that I pre-order. My concern would be that the amp arrives after the return window for the Emotiva A-100.

BBK

No. But they suggested that I pre-order. My concern would be that the amp arrives after the return window for the Emotiva A-100.
Hi. I'm curious if you decided which amplifier to purchase for the Triangle speakers? I have the same speakers and haven't been able to make my mind yet. I appreciate if you could share the outcome of your search. Thank you!

Overseas

Major Contributor
I had Borea BR09 with Yamaha RN803D, streaming CD quality in a large space and I was delighted.

Top Bottom