• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp advice for soft,laid back sounding speakers

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have triangle titius ez and they sound very soft in the highs and to some degree in the mids, also a little in the bass (tightness)
No fatigue sound at all, thumbs up

Some reviews say the speakers has god micro details but to me it doesn't, no matter how loud i play i always feel the sound is super comfortable, can sound like it doesn't have to much details in the highs do to highs being soft and not to loud, using eq,tonecontrols doesn't do much on my yamaha r-n600a amp

(never get to use amp,speaker combo long enough to know if the combo is good or not and still to be able to return it)

Fosi audio bt 20a and nad mini dvd system is what i tried both class d

Fosi audio amp did sound neutral without sounding bloated in the bass,smooth, nad amp sound a little brighter, more open in the highs (treble 0db), bass not as thight or punchy as some bigger amps but to me sounds like it has more bass at 0 db, like a ps sprout 100, also a little more than my yamaha and fosi audio amps

Have an older yamaha network amp that my current amp replaced, that sounds more grainy in the highs not as deep bass or power as my yamaha r-n600a, so my newer yamaha is an upgrade

Both class d and have enough power

My yamaha r-n600a has enough power and sounds smooth

I listen to net radio (p8 jazz), mabye 10 min in a month i use bt, i like a fast and easy access to net radio, (p8 jazz) in the morning (without having to use my pc)

What i would like advice for is an amp close to 60 watt rms (rated power of my speakers and it's not 20 watt but also not 100 watt) easy access to net radio (receiver ?), bluetooth, 4 inputs or more, where 1 might be optical,toslink,tone controls, tighter bass, more highs or more sparkle, less soft,safe but in no way fatigue, price -25% of my yamaha amp, could be 500 euros

Is there such an amp (new) for that price ? if not to much to ask for i would like a display on the amp not having to use my phone to listen to net radio (easy acess)

Last edited:

JeremyFife

Hi,
Have a look at the WiiM Amp. It has the power and features you need, very flexible and powerful tone control (PEQ) and is under budget.

No display, but there is a pretty good and easy to use App that you can view on your phone or tablet

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Hi,
Have a look at the WiiM Amp. It has the power and features you need, very flexible and powerful tone control (PEQ) and is under budget.

No display, but there is a pretty good and easy to use App that you can view on your phone or tablet

Not enough inputs and not black :)

Almost 400 euros over $400

Why this difference ?

Waxx

Major Contributor
You want a lot in an amp for a small price. The closest to what you want is probally another Yamaha, the R-S202D, but it does not have much dsp oboard (just a simple bass and treble eq) nor a digital input.

But if you want all in one, your budget won't do that i think (as far as i know). And toplevel on sound quality will cost more.

JeremyFife

Not enough inputs and not black :)

Almost 400 euros over $400

Why this difference ?
Fair enough. What do you need all those inputs for? (curious)

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Cd player (no coaxial), pc (no coaxial) turntable (built in phonostage) stereo casette deck

JeremyFife

Are those inputs 2x digital (cd, pc) and 2x analogue (TT, cassette) or is your CD analogue too?
You can add a passive analogue pre-amp - the Schiit Sys is cheap but only has two inputs. There are other options.

I think you might be looking for a lot from a relatively inexpensive amp. The requirement for multiple analogue inputs takes you back to more traditional kit.
I can't make any specific recommendations, but perhaps research second hand Rotels or Yamahas? There are interesting options there.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Look at the feature sets of the 501 and 701 Yamaha integrated amps...they should come close to meeting your needs...?

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I want basic streaming and mabye they don't sound good enought, i do have a yamaha amp that i don't think match my speaker as good a s my nad dvd system does

Top Bottom