• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Basics Active Bookshelf Speakers w/Bluetooth

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
23 pounds of speaker joy for $50.00 :D Is that shipping included in the USA?

OP
Promit

Promit

23 pounds of speaker joy for $50.00 :D Is that shipping included in the USA?
Oh yes, courtesy of Amazon's incredibly robust US distribution. The mind boggles at the actual per-unit cost on their side.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh boy an Edifier clone, can't expect it to be an original design. Amazon' business MO: Copy and clone successful brands and sell them as Amazon Basic branded product. I honestly expect the measurements to be sub par at best.

dfuller

Major Contributor
An Edifier clone that somehow looks even cheaper than the originals... Yeah, these are gonna be great. :rolleyes:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Oh boy an Edifier clone, can't expect it to be an original design. Amazon' business MO: Copy and clone successful brands and sell them as Amazon Basic branded product.
I suspect they are going to the same companies that build these for other brands. They have no in-house design and manufacturing for such equipment. They bring huge volume commitment so get better pricing.

beeface

Aesthetically it reminds me a bit of some Swan(s) / Hivi speakers - another possibility as the OEM?

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
20 hz out of a 5.25 inch bas/mid speaker in a approx 15/16 liter cabinet.... highly unlikely..... :oops:
It's nowhere specified at what minus dB that 20 hz is .... could well be -30 dB :(

Geezerman

by the way, Woot had these same speakers for 35.00 in a flash sale late last night.

BHazard

I just hooked these up to my DAC today. They have a decent amount of midbass. The sound is loud and clear, and it has bass and treble control on the remote.
My Lokius fills in slight gaps in the treble response, but overall these were a steal for $35. I can't even buy stands for $35, let alone active semi-studio monitors.

EdTice

I just hooked these up to my DAC today. They have a decent amount of midbass. The sound is loud and clear, and it has bass and treble control on the remote.
My Lokius fills in slight gaps in the treble response, but overall these were a steal for $35. I can't even buy stands for $35, let alone active semi-studio monitors.
Everybody is super-negative on these speakers. I'm really curious to hear the reviews. They are out of stock new right now but "used like new" for $132/pair. It seems like you could buy two sets and use the actives as a pair and the passives as a pair. I doubt they hit 20Hz and the lack of specs is frustrating. But given how well the Echo Link and Echo Link Amp reviewed, I have slightly higher hopes than the rest of the crowd. I saw these and, of course, came here to see if anybody had used or measured them. I'm going to wait for a better price or a review. Normally I would have low expectations but Amazon seems to suddenly want to be into audio and willing to sell equipment without regards to profit in order to enter the space.

EdTice

Out of stock, but now up to $342.35 new.
LOL Amazon is ridiculous some times. But if you really want a set, they are $60 including shipping if you are willing to buy them off of eBay! I don't know the seller and it's not an affiliate link. The price sure is attractive but not enough to make me bite.

Top Bottom