• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

All Revel Performa3 Speakers 30% off?

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey, count me in!

Or maybe Massdrop?
Only thing I ever got at Drop that was a deal was a Spyderco Special Titanium pocket knife. It was a “chance” of an order for the regular version with a few other more valuable versions mixed in.

Can’t remember the name of the way they ran those deals.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I really want this to happen. Been thinking about the possibilities lately:

• Rain drops hitting the ground around you just like real life
  • Footsteps imaging between your surround and seat speaker. Getting closer...closer...
  • Bugs/fauna on the ground
  • Wind blowing grass/leaves/flora around you
  • Someone throws a glass bottle toward the screen and it images between your LCR and seat speaker...closer and closer until CRACK it shatters at your feet
  • Earthquake cracking the ground open beneath you
  • Many more creative uses
  • Profit

Actually, you've sold me! ;)

Imagine a hissing snake slithering towards you in the long grass, right at your feet and suddenly disappearing under the sofa or a rat scampering straight at you only to disappear and run up the curtains behind you...

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I only check there for authorized dealer sale prices like this one.

I asked them before if they would discount and they didn’t budge. I bought from a dealer and got about this same deal back about 4 years ago.
I gave about $400 less for each speaker last year.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Then I'll have to replace the Marantz pre/pro I bought from you. Are you ready to upgrade yet?

I just moved up to 4k on the video side a few weeks ago.
I'd love to help you out but my Marantz 7703 expired from a close lightning strike last month and I had to replace it.
I got a new Denon X4700H based on Amir's measurements, running it in straight preamp mode.
Sounds great and now I can think about where to add even more speakers. LOL
PS, Glad to hear that ole 7701 is still working for you. ;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd love to help you out but my Marantz 7703 expired from a close lightning strike last month and I had to replace it.
I got a new Denon X4700H based on Amir's measurements, running it in straight preamp mode.
Sounds great and now I can think about where to add even more speakers. LOL
PS, Glad to hear that ole 7701 is still working for you. ;)
I keep the old 7701 on all the time...........except when there is lightning. I get plenty of that here too. Sorry about your 7703, but sounds like you made the best of it and moved up to something better.

Oh, and a shout out to Amir. We have the measurements to know about AVR's. Isn't it nice when you need to spend money and know you are getting better results for the dollars you spend instead of just hoping.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
According to a revel dealer avs all revel performa3 speakers are 30% off.
In the past when no sale was happening my Revel dealer was doing Performa3 stuff for more than 30% off.
If you can talk with a dealer in person I'd say do that. If you must buy online then yes these prices are good.

Musicdirect.com has some B-stock for even less as well.

still silly prices like A$9499 (pair) for the same.
$9499 AUD buys $6470 in US dollars. Not sure what you expect.
The regular US retail is $5500 USD so an extra 17.5%/$970 USD to support sales in a smaller market across the world seems fairly normal to me.
Hopefully they do go on sale for you but not really apple to apples to quote AUD prices straight to USD.

OP
D

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In the past when no sale was happening my Revel dealer was doing Performa3 stuff for more than 30% off.
If you can talk with a dealer in person I'd say do that. If you must buy online then yes these prices are good.
True… point being, better price now with same dealer would be my guess do to lower cost to them. Dealers are not eating 30% margin.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Oh, and a shout out to Amir. We have the measurements to know about AVR's. Isn't it nice when you need to spend money and know you are getting better results for the dollars you spend instead of just hoping.
For sure! Amir's work with AVR's has been a windfall for us all.
His measurements and discussions with the Denon design team has given us all better products and it's looking like that's starting to spill over to the Marantz line as well. Up till 6 years ago we were all shooting blind from the hip when purchasing products, now we have some solid evidence on which to make decisions..
Thanks @amirm, keep up the stellar work.

Fahzz

Forum Donor
For sure! Amir's work with AVR's has been a windfall for us all.
His measurements and discussions with the Denon design team has given us all better products and it's looking like that's starting to spill over to the Marantz line as well. Up till 6 years ago we were all shooting blind from the hip when purchasing products, now we have some solid evidence on which to make decisions..
Thanks @amirm, keep up the stellar work.
Agreed. New owner of a Denon 3700.

Top Bottom