• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima T9

Can you use a slightly beefier PSU (36V @ 6A) to give it more welly like you can with the A07? Or will that make bad things happen?

Really loving the T9 Pro so far, but it can't quite touch the power of the A07.

Trying to decide whether I like T8 + A07 or T9 Pro the most.

gnat_leader

Can you use a slightly beefier PSU (36V @ 6A) to give it more welly like you can with the A07? Or will that make bad things happen?

Trying to decide whether I like T8 + A07 or T9 Pro
Higher sensitivity speakers are another obvious option. What are you currently using? I would not go above 32v as is the supply Aiyima sells for the T9 Pro, it could raise risk of a circuit component failure.

Last edited:

Snix

Trying to decide whether I like T8 + A07 or T9 Pro the most.

https://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/tpa3250

Chip's max input is 36V, best case scenario you gain +35W (at 10%THD lol).
And since at the butt of the unit says upto 32V input, I think it would do more harm than good to opt for 36V

Imo, just wait til they launch "T9 Pro+ Special Edition XXX" and hope they just use better chip.

https://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/tpa3250

Chip's max input is 36V, best case scenario you gain +35W (at 10%THD lol).
And since at the butt of the unit says upto 32V input, I think it would do more harm than good to opt for 36V

Imo, just wait til they launch "T9 Pro+ Special Edition XXX" and hope they just use better chip.
Any ideas why it says max 32V when the chip can handle 36V?

Higher sensitivity speakers are another obvious option. What are you currently using? I would not go above 32v as is the supply Aiyima sells for the T9 Pro, it could raise risk of a circuit component failure.
Wharfedale Evo 4.1. TBH it's plenty loud, but with my A07 it sounds nicer and goes louder with a 36V which is why I ask.

Poultrygeist

Enjoying the T9 using its internal DAC to stream music from a small tv/monitor. The perfect all-in-one amp for this purpose. Picked this one up cheap on Amazon as they were being closed out to make room for the more expensive T9 Pro which I understand sounds the same. With hours of play time I've not heard one click that folks seem preoccupied with.

Tubes can add warmth to class D amps which can often sound a bit dry.

P1010001 2.jpeg

Last edited:

gnat_leader

I doubt the T9 Pro sounds the same esp with good revealing speakers. All the chips and the tubes are different. How on earth could it sound the same witha a completely different circuit design?

Megaken

the T9 Pro the mode selector cycles through usb/coax/bt/aux/opt. But how do I set it to RCA to use as a simple amp?

Megaken

One of the modes will be it, possibly aux
But it's not working - in any of the modes.

If I set it to bluetooth and connect to my phone it works great, so I know it's connected to speakers right.

And when I switch it out to another amp - that one works too.

Megaken

Is it ok to just keep it on forever? Or is it better to turn it off when not in use

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
the T9 Pro the mode selector cycles through usb/coax/bt/aux/opt. But how do I set it to RCA to use as a simple amp?
The RCA is input and so the volume will be also subject to source output which may have been low. I’ve heard the aux is a variable output so what will that mean for an active sub? Will the T9 Pro control speakers and speakers output equally?

Megaken

The RCA is input and so the volume will be also subject to source output which may have been low. I’ve heard the aux is a variable output so what will that mean for an active sub? Will the T9 Pro control speakers and speakers output equally?
Mm I just set it's volume to max and it works like a regular amp without volume control. I control volume on the preamp.

My dac has a volume control too, so I have 3 volume controls, but that's another topic.

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Mm I just set it's volume to max and it works like a regular amp without volume control. I control volume on the preamp.

My dac has a volume control too, so I have 3 volume controls, but that's another topic.
Ok, I have an T9 Pro on the way and would like to use a sub with it and never owning a sub before I was wondering if I would have to adjust the volume of the sub as well as the T9 to match them up or would the T9 do it all….?…I understand the initial set up would take some tuning but after that would the T9 be the master variable?

Top Bottom