• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima T9

Poultrygeist

I have the latest improved version of the T9. Nice little amp with no issues.

P1010003 5.jpeg

Poultrygeist

Recently moved the T9 to the porch system where it drives a pair of Axiom outdoor speakers as well as a Marcato passive sub. Not shown in the picture is a WiiM Mini which streams Amazon Music HD to the T9. The T9's internal DAC is a nice feature as it allows digital feeds from the CD player and streamer.

P1010007 4.jpeg

Last edited:

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have had one for over a year. Running it on a 32 volt 5 amp power supply the entire time with zero issues. It drives a pair of Emotiva B1+ speakers and a 12 inch Monoprice subwoofer with a WiiM Mini for a program source (via optical) The combination sounds quite good. By the way Ali Express has this original unit on sale for 62 dollars less power supply.
Pretty good value. I have been looking at the Aiyima T10 pre amp but there is not a lot of reviews on that model…

dpuopolo

Pretty good value. I have been looking at the Aiyima T10 pre amp but there is not a lot of reviews on that model…
The stock tubes can be a bit "Edgy" on the high end. I'm using Raytheon NOS 6AK5 tubes and they sound noticeably better. The DAC in this (MS8412), while not audiophile grade sounds fine. If you go into the unit via analog it's not used anyway. The Absolute Maximum ratings of the TI TPA3221 digital amplifier chip used are 37 volts input, (And TI's specs recommend a maximum voltage of 32 volts for normal operating conditions) confirming that this unit can be run on a 32 volt power supply just fine!

Last edited:

Poultrygeist

What's improved on it in this case? Looks like the same model I already have. Did they change something internally?
Earlier versions had clicking noises which Aiyima seems to have corrected in their latest models.

Milo

Bit late to this one but I bought a T9 Pro and a Wiim streamer to go with it. Was looking at second hand integrated amps (audiolab were the favourite) then I came across the T9. Currently driving a pair of Monitor Audio RS6s and it sounds amazing. Tone controls work really well, excellent connections (OK so there's only one analogue connection). Plenty of power to drive the RS6s. Very happy. An absolute bargain... sounds fantastic, well featured, tiny footprint and it looks cool too. Giant killer!

Top Bottom