• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima T9

Megaken

Ok, I have an T9 Pro on the way and would like to use a sub with it and never owning a sub before I was wondering if I would have to adjust the volume of the sub as well as the T9 to match them up or would the T9 do it all….?…I understand the initial set up would take some tuning but after that would the T9 be the master variable?
Oh ok - the only way to connect the sub to the T9 is 'high level' (it's a 2.0 device). In which case you'll be controlling the volume of the speakers together with the sub and you'll have to fine-tune the sub with the volume knob on the sub. And for music this is the optimal setup anyway.

If your preamp stage has a sub in (like an avr) then you can use that and fine tune it through that system.

Megaken

Ok, I have an T9 Pro on the way and would like to use a sub with it and never owning a sub before I was wondering if I would have to adjust the volume of the sub as well as the T9 to match them up or would the T9 do it all….?…I understand the initial set up would take some tuning but after that would the T9 be the master variable?
Oh i forgot that most people will probably be using the t9/pro as a standalone device - is this what you're doing, is it the source?

sound67

I bought a T9 two weeks ago and found it worked perfectly with my sensitive Klipsch Reference RB-75 bookshelves (97db efficiency). I wouldn't recommend it for speakers with 85db or lower efficiency. I didn't find the sound to be "bright", it sounded good across the board.

However, I ultimately switched to the newer Aiyima T9 Pro model for several reasons: more power; large volume display, which comes in handy when switching inputs; no relay clicks after turning the unit on; blutooth uncoupling issue fixed.

The BT now works, you simply uncouple the device and couple another one: However, it only accepts one BT connection at a time.

I still bought a Wiim Mini streamer because of the greater flexibility and options, and added a small active subwoofer (both the T9 and the T9 Pro are 2.1) to complete my setup.

ay 1.jpg

ay 2.jpg

ay 3.jpg

ay 4.jpg

Last edited:

sound67

Yes, I connected the AUX zu my new powered subwoofer (ELAC Debut S10.2), and it works fine.

IMG_20230201_124547.jpg

bbjayo

Hello. Does someone know if you can roll op amps in t9? And if yes then which would you suggest?
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that you can't. I'm not sure why. It's something I'd be interested in for sure

grogi.giant

Hello. Does someone know if you can roll op amps in t9? And if yes then which would you suggest?

It takes substantial effort to take the boards away. It is not as easy as with A07 - there are two etc...

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that you can't. I'm not sure why. It's something I'd be interested in for sure

They might not be socketed, bit soldered directly onto the PCB. If one is really determined, they probably can solder them op-amps and put new in...

Last edited:

grogi.giant

Have you ever used the Aux out for subwoofer? Did it function properly?
Mine including few others' have LOW output level.

I did test the AUX Out and it was working just fine. The volume on the output follows the volume of the speakers.

bbjayo

LM4562 is a decent choice.
I'd love to try something discrete rathar than another IC. Might just have to wait for a more DIY friendly cheap D class to be released :) I was thinking of an A07 but I really need the remote and optical input of the T9 Pro. Not that I'm complaining though - as it is, The T9 Pro sounds great

sound67

I gave another inexpensive Chinese hybrid tube amp a try to see how it compares to the Aiyima T9 Pro:

The Douk Audio/Nobsound B-100:
https://doukaudio.com/products/nobs...fier-usb-player-coax-opt-power-amp-w-vu-meter

Sadly, it was a non-starter: After connecting all my sources and the speakers there was a noticeable humming sound independent of volume level on ALL inputs, and when I tried to connect my ELAC sub, there was a LOUD humming sound. My first guess would be that the unit isn't properly grounded. I'm gonna send it back tomorrow.

Just to see a visual comparison:

IMG_20230301_181224.jpg

IMG_20230301_181430.jpg

IMG_20230301_162401.jpg
IMG_20230301_162538.jpg

Very disappointed. The Aiyima works perfectly so far, but the Nobsound has two additional connections (1x extra pair of RCA inputs and a headphone jack). But it was not to be.
:(
:(

HappyMetalGuy

Hi there, as anyone find problems with T9 Pro connecting trough coaxial input? Mine when connected to a Sony CD transport sometimes as dropouts, tried different cables but it works ok when I connect the CD Transport to Fiio Taishan D03K (15€). Seems that it's unable to fix the signal maybe a jitter problem?

hudo

Don't have experience with Aiyima T9 because its hard to buy from the EU, but i got Douk Audio ST 01, then replaced it with ST 01 Pro (hoped to solve clicks and to could adjust vu-meters, but i can't still doesn't move unless you listen very loud and still clicks).
Douks Pro version still clicks, which can be annoying if its connected to the PC, every Windows sound makes it click to play, and then click for standby after ~5-10 sec. Seems Douk Pro is not Aiyima Pro version, they diverged.

Btw, I made a small Windows app (open source) that plays high frequency quiet sound every few seconds, not audible (on my system), and keeps amp from going to the standby - https://github.com/hudo/AudioKeepAlive

My speakers are Sound Artist LS3/5, which are like 83 to 85db sensitivity, quite low, but whats surprising, Douk ST 01 is almost too loud on them, volume pot is at very minimum most of the time, i have to attenuate on Windows a bit. I am listening near field, 1m from the speakers, desktop setup, but looks like Douk has more than enough power and gain for even the lowest sensitivity speakers.
Quite happy with the sound. Also upgraded tubes (don't remember which one, but were cheap), and noticed small increase in the sound quality - more smooth and extended! Good to see amp and speakers are resolving enough to be audible, and that tube buffer in the amp is actually doing something to the sound.

tomkatt

My speakers are Sound Artist LS3/5, which are like 83 to 85db sensitivity, quite low, but whats surprising, Douk ST 01 is almost too loud on them, volume pot is at very minimum most of the time, i have to attenuate on Windows a bit. I am listening near field, 1m from the speakers, desktop setup, but looks like Douk has more than enough power and gain for even the lowest sensitivity speakers.
Quite happy with the sound. Also upgraded tubes (don't remember which one, but were cheap), and noticed small increase in the sound quality - more smooth and extended! Good to see amp and speakers are resolving enough to be audible, and that tube buffer in the amp is actually doing something to the sound.

If you have a compatible player/UPnP server, set up ReplayGain. I noticed the same, the lowest volume on the T9 is actually rather high for quiet listening by default. Impressive, but I don't want loud.

I've added Replaygain info to my entire library using Foobar2000 to scan per album, then I have a server running Asset UPnP to send to my Wiim Mini. Much better.

dpuopolo

Does anyone here own or have heard the Aiyima T9?

The T9 has some very good reviews and some of the sound demos i have heard on Youtube would make you believe it sounds as good as some more expensive amps on the market.

Is it really that great, or maybe just overhyped by Youtuber reviewers in order to make some cash from promotiong the product?
I have had one for over a year. Running it on a 32 volt 5 amp power supply the entire time with zero issues. It drives a pair of Emotiva B1+ speakers and a 12 inch Monoprice subwoofer with a WiiM Mini for a program source (via optical) The combination sounds quite good. By the way Ali Express has this original unit on sale for 62 dollars less power supply.

Top Bottom