• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aio Dac/Amp or Stack under 100

Nadzin

Hi guys,

I want / need a dac/amp with volume knob under 100€/$ ( if closer to 50$/€ better ) primarily to iem's ( i have truthear hexa , zero , hola ,shouer s12 ) and too DT990/DT880 250ohm's and Hifiman Sundara

Nowadays its possible to have a good dac/amp for this price range ? without noise / distortion and with enough power to drive the models above mention ?

Thanks in advance

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Sound blaster X1 is $50, sounds really good, and can output 2.4volts when it detects over 150ohm. The DT880 600 ohm even got loud enough at nearly max volume.

staticV3

Master Contributor
here are some AIOs in that price range:
-Topping DX1 ($100)
-FiiO K3 ($100)
-FiiO E10K-TC ($76)
-iFi Uno ($80)
-iFi ZEN Air DAC ($100)

If you want more power, then one option would be the Sabaj A10h plus a Jcally JM20 as DAC for $97 in total.

FreakyKiwi

I have one of these
Sounds great for cheap, it should be around US$60

Fosi Audio Q5 DAC Converter USB Digital-to-Analog Adapter ESS9018K2M Decoder & Headphone Amplifier & Mini Stereo Preamplifier

Last edited:
OP
N

Nadzin

here are some AIOs in that price range:
-Topping DX1 ($100)
-FiiO K3 ($100)
-FiiO E10K-TC ($76)
-iFi Uno ($80)
-iFi ZEN Air DAC ($100)

If you want more power, then one option would be the Sabaj A10h plus a Jcally JM20 as DAC for $97 in total.
Of all of this which one you would pick ?

Another user did comment Fosi audio q5, for ex: q5 vs uno what its better?

FreakyKiwi

Of all of this which one you would pick ?

Another user did comment Fosi audio q5, for ex: q5 vs uno what its better?
Hmm, the Uno looks nice although it really seems to be a portable DAC in a small desktop case.

The Fosi has a claimed 400mW vs 211mW for the Ifi.
The Uno has a single USB connector for power and signal, which could be a pro (simple) or a con (source needs to provide power).
The Uno is USB only, the Q5 also supports optical and coaxial digital.
The Uno has a better DAC (9219 vs 9018) with MQA support.

For reference I've had and sold a Fiio BTR5 and K5 Pro, I currently have the Q5 (mine is actually a KGuss DAC K3 Pro) and a Qudelix 5K, and have no complaints with this DAC.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nadzin

Hmm, the Uno looks nice although it really seems to be a portable DAC in a small desktop case.

The Fosi has a claimed 400mW vs 211mW for the Ifi.
The Uno has a single USB connector for power and signal, which could be a pro (simple) or a con (source needs to provide power).
The Uno is USB only, the Q5 also supports optical and coaxial digital.
The Uno has a better DAC (9219 vs 9018) with MQA support.

For reference I've had and sold a Fiio BTR5 and K5 Pro, I currently have the Q5 (mine is actually a KGuss DAC K3 Pro) and a Qudelix 5K, and have no complaints with this DAC.
Oh ok , Kguss k3 pro , aiyima a5 pro , fosi audio q5 are all the same porduct ? but different brands because i can get kguss and aiyima cheater than fosi audio

FreakyKiwi

Oh ok , Kguss k3 pro , aiyima a5 pro , fosi audio q5 are all the same porduct ? but different brands because i can get kguss and aiyima cheater than fosi audio
Yes, other than minor cosmetic differences these look to be the same with identical specs and layout. The build quality is good and the buttons and knob feel great.

Not that I'm an expert but I couldn't hear any difference to the Fiio K5 Pro which I sold after buying this.
I have an SMSL DL200 on the way and am interested to see if it will sound any better.

OP
N

Nadzin

I was looking too the smsl DL200 but was out of my budget because i prefer using money on iems trying different things .

At the moment im using onboard sound card from my pc and i'm not needing power or have "noise" , i'm just looking into a budget dac/amp because the volume knob will make my life easier because whenever I change IEM or headphones I have to keep changing the settings trying to balance the volume, so the external dac/amp with the knob it is much more practical

Probably i will buy one of this fosi audio/kguss/aiyima and I'm also curious to see if I'll hear any difference as I'm a bit sceptical about the improvements a dac can give

FreakyKiwi

It's got volume buttons, the Sound blaster G6 is available on Creative Labs site refurbished with warranty usually for $79 when in stock. It's got a knob.
I use my Qudelix 5K with my PC which has buttons for volume control. I have considered getting a cheap USB volume control knob from AliExpress for easy volume and mute.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've gotten some of the USB volume wheels on Amazon, really handy if you're used to it. They do have the G6 and X4 which has the cool top mount volume wheel for $79 (or X3 for $69). When I buy there it's free shipping and they don't charge sale tax, with a 90 day warranty.
I got the Litrok on Amazon last when it was on a big sale, going to check Aliexpress too, since we have a system with the Apple USB 3.5mm adapter for the K371 and it would be neat to get one again.

Top Bottom