• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Affordable threaded isolation feet?

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So, is there a $50 for four version of this somewhere out there?

58FCED32-214C-470D-B83E-99B4BE44CD69.jpeg

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And what is it supposed to do, price notwithstanding?

OP
Dougey_Jones

Dougey_Jones

Forum Donor
OP
Dougey_Jones

Dougey_Jones

Forum Donor
If you want to spend $50 on them I suppose. :) Can't see it myself.

I generally like SVS products, but I don’t see a threaded lug to screw them in, and don’t want stick ones.

i purchased some of the PE ones that were in the first reply since they were so cheap I can afford to experiment. These will be used with the stands for Vandersteen 2CE which are excellent themselves, but do not come with screw in feet, just threaded holes.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I generally like SVS products, but I don’t see a threaded lug to screw them in, and don’t want stick ones.

i purchased some of the PE ones that were in the first reply since they were so cheap I can afford to experiment. These will be used with the stands for Vandersteen 2CE which are excellent themselves, but do not come with screw in feet, just threaded holes.

I don't know if you just set stuff on the SVS or if there's a screw option, but for that price I'll just use standard rubber feet like I linked....have used a couple different models under a variety of diy subs and risers, they work great.

ribosradagast

I generally like SVS products, but I don’t see a threaded lug to screw them in, and don’t want stick oNes.

No worries mate, but for posterity, it does look like these are screw in:

"The Sound Path Subwoofer Isolation System ships in packages of four(4) or six(6) feet with three popular thread sizes in various lengths to accommodate a wide range of subwoofers, regardless of brand."
-From the product description

izeek

i used some leftover 3/4" horsestall mat from another project. not scientific but with some experimental placement im satisfied.
i have carpet over wood on the third floor. even 2ft from the front wall and corner it boomed.
the sub is sitting on a mat the same size as it.
less boom but some smear.
i put 3/4" hardboard on the mat. much, much better. bass tightened up a good bit. a lot less boom. bass is sharper even.
i also turned it to face the front wall just yesterday and ill have to listen for a week or so but i like it so far. maybe a little drop in response. hard to say . sounds good with a bit less strength. on the other hand, the mids got noticeably more dynamic which i hadnt heard before.
so far so good. havent got around to doing measurements yet. might be awhile. all them numbers make my head hurt.
im happy with what i hear. and we ARE always experimenting are we not.

Top Bottom