• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice on 2 channel amp <3k? + question on HT bypass :)

smackmyaudio

Hey all,

I was looking of adding a 2 channel amp to a HT setup (powered through a Denon x3800) and main speakers are kef R7

1.. First question is do I need to have a HT bypass for this setup to work? If I understand correctly, speaker cable goes to 2 channel amp and then aux cables from 2 channel amp to Denon pre-outs and I turn on HT bypass for music and turn it off for movies?

2. Will this setup mean that playing through the 2 channel amp still gets the room correct from Audyssey in the Denon or not? Also will the 2 channel amp be helping power the speakers during movies if HT bypass is off?

3. Most 2 channel amps I found don't have built in streamers, my Denon does, will this setup allow me to stream through the Denon for music?

4. Lastly any recommendations for amps below 3000 in USA (In reality I am not buying at this price but will search for a used or refurbished version of that? Was thing at possibly NAD C 388 (but I read no wifi unless I add a module?), CXA81 (but no HT bypass..) or musical fidelity m5/6si (I only heard good things?) Any thoughts about a used Audio lab?

Thank you!

Top Bottom