• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adobe Reader is now by subscription for rotating and adjusting pages. More $$$!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Anybody know of a nice pdf viewer freeware software other than Adobe Reader?
Screenshot 2022-07-10 012926.png

As a work around take a screen shot and rotate it as a .png or .bmp image.

Just use an old version of acrobat professional. I use Acrobat 9.0 Professional on all my machines. Works perfectly on 7/8/10/10pro/11.

As a work around take a screen shot and rotate it as a .png or .bmp image.
Yes, that is a option that would work. Here's the expense for Acrobat Reader DC @ $16.99/month by annual subscription.
Screenshot 2022-07-10 172326.png

Just use an old version of acrobat professional. I use Acrobat 9.0 Professional on all my machines. Works perfectly on 7/8/10/10pro/11.
Does that require a P2P file sharing download of cracked software?

Linux. I stopped paying Gates over 20years ago.

You can also use Libre Office. Libre Office Draw is pretty amazing- it can import and export just about anything. Only downside is it takes several seconds to import a large service manual PDF, but once loaded, you can do anything, just like Acrobat Pro.

Here's the rotate option on a schematic out of a 8.5MB S/M:
libre draw.JPG
libre draw 90 deg.JPG

I have Libre office installed as well as MS Office and am slowly transitioning off the MS teat. It can do a bunch of useful stuff, especially with PDFs that MS Office cannot do (easily)

You can also use Libre Office. Libre Office Draw is pretty amazing- it can import and export just about anything. Only downside is it takes several seconds to import a large service manual PDF, but once loaded, you can do anything, just like Acrobat Pro.

Here's the rotate option on a schematic out of a 8.5MB S/M:View attachment 217604View attachment 217605

I have Libre office installed as well as MS Office and am slowly transitioning off the MS teat. It can do a bunch of useful stuff, especially with PDFs that MS Office cannot do (easily)
That's like open office I think?

Are you using Acrobat Reader DC? Or Acrobat Pro? The former should still be able to rotate the view without paying anything.
I am using Acrobat Reader DC.

If you just need to do a few pages then Gimp can open, edit individual pages as layers, and then re-save pdf files.

In the past I have needed to do some batch editing of pdfs and found this program pretty handy. (I think it was fully free back then but it looks like they still have a basic free version):

Hehehe. GIMP imports the pdf's and works as a great reader. :D

If you just need to do a few pages then Gimp can open, edit individual pages as layers, and then re-save pdf files.

In the past I have needed to do some batch editing of pdfs and found this program pretty handy. (I think it was fully free back then but it looks like they still have a basic free version):

I got it at the same time as your recommendation, I always keep GIMP loaded for weird file extensions and thought... Hmmz GIMP! and voila...

Have you seen this? :

Are you trying rotate the page or just the view of the page?

(the ctrl+shift +or- which has worked forever)

I used to use Codeweavers Crossover office to do document/presentation work on Linux (basically msoft office on Linux) but ever since I use LibreOffice, I could basically do the essential work like word/powerpoint/excel on Linux. There are some formatting issues that I encountered when viewed in Microsoft Office but to me it's minor and easily fixed. On the topic of Adobe, I use Acrobat Reader v9 on Linux.

Back
Top Bottom