• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Acoustic treatment with slats - before-and-after measurements

lukayui

Thanks for sharing your experience with acoustic treatment using slat wall panels. It's awesome that you took the time to make before-and-after measurements and share them with the community. Your living room setup sounds pretty cool, with the L-shaped layout and all.
I get why you opted for slat panels instead of conventional absorbers. Those RPG and GIK panels may do the job, but they can be a bit ugly, right? Slats, on the other hand, cover more wall space and look way better. I checked out the Fibrotech panels you mentioned, and they seem pretty neat. And hey, if you ever need skirting and architrave for your living room, you can check out this website. They have a great selection!

S0crat3s

I am trying to DIY my way into building a similar slat panel like the GIK SlatFusor 2S. My theater acoustics require certain areas to have a combination of Owens Corning 703 and aluminum Foil tape. See below, the areas roughly marked in yellow is where i need to add the OC703 with Aluminium foil tape. I have an option to add GIK SlatFusor 2S as well there. Its a large area on both the sides of the wall and that will cost quite a bit, hence I am thinking if i can install OC703 and on top of it add a felt sheet and wooden slats. Will that be similar?

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 7.35.02 PM.png

406680378_900325081701558_3356397822674665321_n.png

Top Bottom