• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

KTN46

I'm afraid to ask... But what are intermittent cables? I always assumed that either the cables worked, or they didn't. And when they didn't I assumed it would be quite obvious that they didn't.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I'm afraid to ask... But what are intermittent cables? I always assumed that either the cables worked, or they didn't. And when they didn't I assumed it would be quite obvious that they didn't.
Probably a bad connection that only exists part of the time, a short that only exists part of the time, or a combination. Sounds like BS to me. Especially because Abyss is fully on the cable train.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Here is their test rig, ;)for those interested in how they get special measurements:

ab1266cc_whiskys.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I'm afraid to ask... But what are intermittent cables?

The best excuse they could come up with...

I always told my kids, the difference between a child and a grown-up, is that a child still believes excuses matter.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
The best excuse they could come up with...

I always told my kids, the difference between a child and a grown-up, is that a child still believes excuses matter.
As I was becoming a man, someone at boarding school told me to learn the difference between reasons and excuses; i.e., most reasons are not excuses. That lesson has served me well. Even today, when I give a reason for screwing up something, I will probably note that I understand the reason is not an excuse, i.e., I know I still own the consequences.

zenki

I don't use cans but at that kind of performance for ~$3k, hell no

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe with some Absinthe...

That stuff has seen me in some dodgy situations, but nothing as dodgy as the listening room of an Abyss dealer. "Would Sir like to try it with the extra-special cable? It makes all the diferencessssssssssssss"

Last edited:

whazzup

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Someone please send Amir the Ultimate Abyss Diana audio experience

RighteousNuts

I rather enjoy my diana v2s oddly enough.

gazzington78

Just read through all of this thread. Personally I don’t get why people get so angry. Agree or disagree with amir measurements and buy or don’t buy the abyss headphone. Amir is not forcing you either way. Personally, would I buy that headphone after Amirs measurements? No way. He’s no amateur and I fully respect his opinion. For a $3000 product no way

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Just read through all of this thread. Personally I don’t get why people get so angry. Agree or disagree with amir measurements and buy or don’t buy the abyss headphone. Amir is not forcing you either way. Personally, would I buy that headphone after Amirs measurements? No way. He’s no amateur and I fully respect his opinion. For a $3000 product no way
How would you know have you demoed them?

Top Bottom