• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

About Wharfedale Bronze 3 Speakers

KRACER

I saw the Wharfedale Bronze 3 speakers on Taobao in China. Three-way, tweeter and woofer are the same as Linton's. Midrange speakers are dome diaphragms. Their price is 5980 yuan but I can't search it on google. Got their information, I want to buy a pair of Linton 85 or Bronze 3, what do you think about this?
I want to hear relaxing sounds, can you give me some suggestions?

tb_image_share_1697110748315.jpg
tb_image_share_1697110735715.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-12-19-34-20-24_090d9ae461b065ca11c329abb9cd0d70.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-12-19-34-13-37_090d9ae461b065ca11c329abb9cd0d70.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-12-19-34-05-41_090d9ae461b065ca11c329abb9cd0d70.jpg

Last edited:

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So it looks like a mating between the lintons and the mid from the evo 4.2....Just guessing here, but the evo mid may be a bit more revealing, strictly from anecdotal subjective info...

Miniyouuuu

Is a cheaper mixture of Wharfedale components:
- Linton/Denton tweeter (vertically mounted).
- Evo mid speaker
- Linton bass speaker
- Low cost veneer box with Dovedale flavour and almost Linton dimensions (15mm narrower, 25mm lower).
- Non magnetic grilles from Linton but Dovedale colour.
- Just one huge port instead of 2 port layout (Linton and Denton)
- Simple stand design without wood

Lintons and Dentons have symetric layout. They recommend Wharfedale logo in the outside. In this case, both speaker seem to be exactly the same, and this could affect soundstage.

Doenerkunde

Interesting find! Lintons are 60L (external volume), while the Bronze are 45L, so the Lintons have a bigger volume. The internal difference might be smaller, because the Bronze 3 midrange dome does not neet it´s own enclosure. Despite the difference in volume the -6dB point of the Lintons is given as 35hz while with the Bronze 3 it is stated as 30hz. Curious.

OP
KRACER

KRACER

So it looks like a mating between the lintons and the mid from the evo 4.2....Just guessing here, but the evo mid may be a bit more revealing, strictly from anecdotal subjective info...
I heard that this midrange speaker is not very good and the sound is a bit rough and grainy.

OP
KRACER

KRACER

Is a cheaper mixture of Wharfedale components:
- Linton/Denton tweeter (vertically mounted).
- Evo mid speaker
- Linton bass speaker
- Low cost veneer box with Dovedale flavour and almost Linton dimensions (15mm narrower, 25mm lower).
- Non magnetic grilles from Linton but Dovedale colour.
- Just one huge port instead of 2 port layout (Linton and Denton)
- Simple stand design without wood

Lintons and Dentons have symetric layout. They recommend Wharfedale logo in the outside. In this case, both speaker seem to be exactly the same, and this could affect soundstage.
Thanks for the analysis, I wonder if they will sound as relaxing as linton, the bronze 3 is only sold in China, it has been on the market for over a year

OP
KRACER

KRACER

Interesting find! Lintons are 60L (external volume), while the Bronze are 45L, so the Lintons have a bigger volume. The internal difference might be smaller, because the Bronze 3 midrange dome does not neet it´s own enclosure. Despite the difference in volume the -6dB point of the Lintons is given as 35hz while with the Bronze 3 it is stated as 30hz. Curious.
Maybe it's because of the length and diameter of the port tube?

OP
KRACER

KRACER

Why there is no mention of this model on Wharfedale website ?
I don’t know. I’m also curious about the reason why it’s only sold in China. Maybe this kind of dome mid-range speaker is easily favored by the Chinese.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
I would ask Wharfedale customer service whether these are genuine. Does raise a few questions.

Hiten

Considering Linton having 90db and ~50hz f3 (measured), this models sensitivity and low extension looks little overstated.

yschy

According to the official website of IAG, the national unified retail price of Linton is ¥11,249 yuan/pair, and the national unified retail price of Bronze 3 is ¥9,980 yuan/pair. Linton should be positioned slightly higher.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why there is no mention of this model on Wharfedale website ?
Because it's not a speaker made by Wharfedale? I is.

According to the official website of IAG, the national unified retail price of Linton is ¥11,249 yuan/pair, and the national unified retail price of Bronze 3 is ¥9,980 yuan/pair. Linton should be positioned slightly higher.
May we see that site?

Edit: The site was provided, i stand corrected.

Last edited:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Top Bottom