• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

About Merging Nadac Emotion

diashuai85

I recently got a NADAC. I am very eager to use the Emotion software to play music, but the Merging manufacturer informed me that Emotion is no longer available to users. I am very disappointed. Can any NADAC enthusiasts send me Emotion? I will Thank you very much

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Can I ask you what is special about the Emotion software?

OP
D

diashuai85

Can I ask you what is special about the Emotion software?
Emotion should be the best playback software for Nadac connected to computer via network cable, no playback software can top it for sound with NADAC connected to computer via Ravenna

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
no playback software can top it for sound with NADAC
Unless the software is doing some kind of processing (EQ, reverb, surround effects, etc.) player software doesn't have any effect on the sound. It's just "controlling" the audio data.

So it's probably true that "no software can top it" but a lot of software should be able to match it. ;)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My guess is you’ll want to connect the DAC over AES67? Just install a virtual sound card and use any decent player software. Like:

Or on MacOS, it’s already build in.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Emotion should be the best playback software for Nadac connected to computer via network cable, no playback software can top it for sound with NADAC connected to computer via Ravenna
I connect my Hapi II to my computer via Ravenna and it is running Jriver.

Top Bottom