• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A tale of two speakers (B2031A and 8030c)

RobL

Your stands are fairly tall…looks like it’d put you well under the tweeters. Don’t know if that would cause your issue though. I have mine on stands that put the tweeters at ear height when seated.

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Your stands are fairly tall…looks like it’d put you well under the tweeters. Don’t know if that would cause your issue though. I have mine on stands that put the tweeters at ear height when seated.

They have since been shortened a lot and my ears sit right in between the tweeter and woofer. They were way too tall before.

thewas

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One way to account for bias is a double blind test.
Am not sure though if it would change anything at obvious differences like loudspeakers where he is used to the sonic signatures of both and would probably easily recognise both in a blind test too. What would be more interesting to me would be if other listeners would perceive the differences similarly and have also the same preference and to which measured parameters those correspond.

Muelli

I don't know why, but I had this problem on all the waveguided speakers I've tried, it's just not there? No matter the placement or EQ it just doesn't happen. Anyone else notice this on waveguided stuff?
I bought the B2031A in 2006(?).

The imaging of these speakers was really good. The soundstage had quiet sharp phantom images.

Did you try another source for the speakers, like your phone?

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Why would I use a phone when I have quality audio interfaces? not really any way for me to get my phone into xlr.

Using same interface with other speakers and they're fine.

Idk what to say, maybe people have differing opinion of imaging but to my ears I'm hearing a center that bounces around and isn't distinct. I have some other speakers that in the same configuration are producing a very strong center.

Last edited:
Top Bottom