• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$500 USB cable => $20 Apple adapter cable

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Every time I think I've seen the limits of idiocy in this hobby, something new happens:

3tOAj29kOH9kuchFOWi23-BTLUdplubxIdURztl03mc.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/75jgvi/seen_at_rmaf_500_usb_cable_20_adapter/

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Good cable is good wherever you place it. :D

Besides that expensive cable sure is pretty.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
But that dirty Apple cable will surely add veils to the data and make the black spaces between notes less black.
Clearly you don’t go to enough classical music concerts , if you did then you would know why this works so well..

It’s all about playing with the texture of the mid bass, it’s for music lovers only though and clearly with all your graphs and DSP you dont and never will understand what “great sound” is.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Clearly you don’t go to enough classical music concerts , if you did then you would know why this works so well..

It’s all about playing with the texture of the mid bass, it’s for music lovers only though and clearly with all your graphs and DSP you dont and never will understand what “great sound” is.

Psshaw, they're just doing it wrong.

If you want great sound, you need to stream your digital files from a tube-based USB stick:

Vacuum-Tube-USB-Drive-5.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

If you want great sound, you need to stream your digital files from a tube-based USB stick:

ROTFLMAO

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

Until you put some African hardwood that’s been blessed by Tibetan monks and soaked in holy water under that I really can’t take you seriously. Though I am impressed by the green glow, that will help stop the 1’s and 0’s from escaping.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
"Holy" water, "holly" water is something else entirely and not entirely Blessed.

Green glow, where did I put that green marker...

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Well, if one of the cables, or one of the devices, is broken, that might make a difference. Maybe.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Until you put some African hardwood that’s been blessed by Tibetan monks and soaked in holy water under that I really can’t take you seriously. Though I am impressed by the green glow, that will help stop the 1’s and 0’s from escaping.

It's McIntosh green.

As for the holy blessing, you've completely ignored the medieval brass casing that was taken the holy and sanctified mace (see the spikes?) wielded by none other than the infamous Tomas de Torquemada, Inquisitor Generalis of the Spanish Inquisition.

And nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Not even digital.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
It's McIntosh green.

As for the holy blessing, you've completely ignored the medieval brass casing that was taken the holy and sanctified mace (see the spikes?) wielded by none other than the infamous Tomas de Torquemada, Inquisitor Generalis of the Spanish Inquisition.

And nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Not even digital.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
It’s ok we get tax breaks for shoving monty python videos at yanks , I was down on my quota for this quarter too so...

Ah, makes sense, and with Brexit, exporting Python footage to Yanks will likely be the cornerstone of the new economy. ;)

Top Bottom