• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Already provided dimensions of my room way back … no need for pics, what’s the point of that?

And here comes the derailment :facepalm:

Oh, forgot to mention, I hate cats, love dogs
shown your colours now haven't you .
one golden rule never mock another persons pets . i happen to like dogs as well . but you showed your colours now

Andysu

Major Contributor
Don't worry, you needn't expect many words to follow. If you dare look at the output, you'll see "AndySu" has to be the strangest account on ASR. Over 1,500 comments, almost all seem to be of similar character. Baffling.
showed your colours now

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How did this become a silly dog vs cat discussion? Anyone that doesn't like animals in general is no friend of mine, their preferred pet choice is their business - just love them and treat them great.

PS: I adore my cat. I'd also love a dog (and my GF has three) but as living by myself, my cat is the only one that would put up with me and the time I have to give it - and he is my son. And both of us love our dog visitors. :)

Andysu

Major Contributor
How did this become a silly dog vs cat discussion? Anyone that doesn't like animals in general is no friend of mine, their preferred pet choice is their business - just love them and treat them great.

PS: I adore my cat. I'd also love a dog (and my GF has three) but as living by myself, my cat is the only one that would put up with me and the time I have to give it - and he is my son. :)
i didn't even mention my pets . i merely asked where are the pictures of the room and it turns into matt whoever and mk then aggressively turning into nasty
oh , so is that sort of forum this is then :(

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i didn't even mention my pets . i merely asked where are the pictures of the room and it turns into matt whoever and mk then aggressively turning into nasty
oh , so is that sort of forum this is then :(

Uhm...from someone with this tagged to every his single post?

i like Cats. i don't like ASR members who don't

Kinda sets the tone, dun't it?
Take the pet remarks in the same spirit you present yours.

And try not to be a jerk to the OP.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Uhm...from someone with this tagged to every his single post?

Take the pet remarks in the same spirit you present yours.

And try not to be a jerk to the OP.
yeah , huh so .
i asked , mk where is the room pictures . then you , attack with nasty . i don't need you to highlight what been in my signature now for year or so .
anyway done text typing with you , do what everyone else does . use the ignore .

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I take it as a tongue in cheek in comment. But I don't hate any animal of the planet, and I think the "It's either dogs or cats" polar discussion completely stupid. You don't have to hate one to like the other.

PS: I think you guys should stop this. No one can "win" these topics. Notice I bowed out gracefully several pages ago. :) You won't get anyone to love your preferred speakers by arguing, nor will you change their opinions about preferring a cat or a dog as a companion... :)

Andysu

Major Contributor
I take it as a tongue in cheek in comment. But I don't hate any animal of the planet, and I think the "It's either dogs or cats" polar discussion completely stupid. You don't have to hate one to like the other.

PS: I think you guys should stop this. No one can "win" these topics. Notice I bowed out gracefully several pages ago. :) You won't get anyone to love your preferred speakers by arguing, nor will you change their opinions about preferring a cat or a dog as a companion... :)
i added to signature over year ago , there are some who are . look . look . i asked mk where are the pictures . and matthooper goes from normal to psycho and starts attacking me , well good for him , he's on my ignore now as well as mkr on my ignore

also speakers , avr are all immaterial items . won't get love from hi-fi . an animal pet you get love , warmth affectation in return . hi-fi if anyone says they love hi-fi needs to see a professional help as its just a pack of electronics at the end of the day . i like hi-fi not i love hi-fi

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I take it as a tongue in cheek in comment.

Sure. That's why I said to take the pet comments in the same spirit offered in his tag line.

Who is doing either of those things?

The pet stuff isn't serious, and I don't see how anyone is pushing MKR to love their speakers. It's been a good thread.

Andysu

Major Contributor
You guys do like to beat a dead horse.
I guess it's Sunday...

I am getting concerned @MKR will get bored out of this thread. I sure am.

OP is aware listening to all those speakers in his room, blind, with same positioning and hight from floor tweeter adjusted if relevant, 5 seconds max between speakers would be ideal. He also mentioned it is so impractical (impossible) he will not do it. No one needs to agree with OP limitations, and certainly no one is challenging the ideal scenario. (@MKR maybe you could put something like that in your signature ;-) )

So could we please move on?

Also OP is not pretending to be a speaker reviewer. He didn't wrote off the Gens on his YouTube channel to millions of followers, he just wrote he didn't see them working out for his application on his thread about him looking for his new speakers and moved on. The name of the thread is not "Why you should burn your Gens".

I think we are all aware his end game might not be ours; rooms affects sound; preferences, availability and application all affects choices and anyone reading this thread and deciding to blindly buy the same pair of speakers than OP would completely miss the point of this here adventure.

So why all this bickering about stuffs that we know will not happen for OP or defending speakers OP doesnt liked? Remember it is not your money, not your company, not your shop, not your ears, not your home.

Please let's move on and forward. I wanna know how this adventure ends.

ThankYouMeme-3.jpg
it sure furred me . nice cat . oh btw mkr and matthopper mentioned they hate cats

Last edited:

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
... I don't see how anyone is pushing MKR to love their speakers. It's been a good thread.
Perhaps after 100 pages and 5 months (check the count) the OP should have found some speaker for that budget? Is that really that hard to find a great speaker for 30k? It's certainly entertaining to keep the thread going clearly :-D I am ignoring this topic... :)

Last edited:

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Perhaps after 100 pages and 5 months (check the count) the OP should have found some speaker for that budget? Is that really that hard to find a great speaker for 30k? It's certainly entertaining to keep the thread going clearly :-D I am ignoring this topic... :)
Op is playing the search for a speaker and I think he is having a lot of fun in this game, so I don't understand questions like this.
I'm sure, he is not 99, so he have time :cool:

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
To me it's a great quest, like Frodo and Sam going to Mount Doom. Can't wait to see the ending. I hope the OP also has a Deus Ex Machina Airlines frequent flyer card.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
I never believed the if-a-black cat-crosses-your-path superstition.
And then there was today.

Happy hundredth page, thread. May you live a million more :p
Maybe it needs to end at 100, seems to be irritating some folks that it keeps going. Fully bizarre to me how this turned so quickly, but eh, as I say all the time, just speakers, not worth the consternation any longer

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
@Andysu I do apologize if I offended you in any way, was certainly not intended and stated purely in jest

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe it needs to end at 100, seems to be irritating some folks that it keeps going. Fully bizarre to me how this turned so quickly, but eh, as I say all the time, just speakers, not worth the consternation any longer
It's not a human right (yet) to go through life without being offended. Let miserable people be miserable and carry on with the entertainment for the happy rest of us!

benanders

That’d be up to you. Any which way, it’s been appreciated, and surely interesting to more folks than not (tip hat).

Reactions: MKR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom