Search results

1. CDMC

Free- Stereo Receivers- San Francisco Bay Area- Near Walnut Creek

Cleaning my garage and don't want to just throw these out. They were working when pulled out of service. Onkyo TX-8211 Stereo Receiver Nakamichi RE-3 with the remote. Please come, take them home so I don't have to put them out by the curb.
  2. CDMC

FS Massdrop Sennheiser HD58x $80

Had for about 3 years, probably 100 hours use. Bought a pair of Drop Dan Clarks so time for a new home. Good condition, no box or bag.
  3. CDMC

F/S: NAD M22 v2 FS USA Sold

Great amp, but I went to the latest and greatest, a Buckeye NCx500 Stereo. I have rationalized this purchase by the fact that the Buckeye is physically smaller and will let me move to a smaller equipment rack (down to two shelves). This will in turn make my wife happy. That is my story, and I...
  4. CDMC

Which Speaker Cables- (Welded v. Solder & BFA v. Bananas)

A little different than the normal speaker cable questions. Currently using some Wireworld Oasis 8 speaker cable (was inexpensive by the foot) that I have hand soldered by bi-wire with BFA connectors. For whatever reason, the BFA connectors I have are so tight, I can only get them to insert...
  5. CDMC

Dan Clark Aeon Open X v. Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Observations

So I have had a set of HD 58x headphones for about 3 years. I have always liked the Sennheiser sound and prefer open back to closed headphones (I don't like the in can feeling, ears sweating, and not being able to hear my surroundings of closed backs). Recently I upgraded my desktop to a...
  6. CDMC

Parasound Zamp v.3 - Excellent Condition- $200 (Not Amir's Test Sample)

Want a great little amp for your desktop use? Been contemplating some new Schiit and ready to drop $299 on a Gjallarhorn, but not sold on 10 watts of frugal power, or want auto on, sensitivity adjustments, the ability to link amps, then this is your baby. Want to enjoy some Class AB sound on a...
  7. CDMC

Sold GIK 244 24x48" Bass Traps 5.25" thick Pure White- NIB- SF BAY AREA- 8 Panels

Bought these a couple of years ago and have never gotten around to installing them. They are sealed, new in the boxes. Current price shipped to CA for 8 is just over $1,000. Make me a reasonable offer. https://www.gikacoustics.com/design-editor/configure/6989/ Located in the east bay of...
  8. CDMC

NHT X2 Crossover-Sold

NHT X2 Crossover in great condition. I recently overhauled my system and no longer need. Both balanced and single ended inputs and outputs. Shipping estimated at $30, includes wall wart and original box and packing materials.
  9. CDMC

Sold- Sunfire Stereo Amp- Recent Full Service- $950

Original Sunfire Stereo amplifier that I have owned for 18 years. In 2018, I sent it to Bill Flannery who is Bob Carver's preferred repair person for a check over, tune up, and capacitor replacement. It works wonderfully, but the light for the meter just went out. I have a spare light which...
  10. CDMC

Lmax, LCpeak, Power Needs, and Digital Clipping

I have hit the limit of my knowledge and in researching have been unable to come up with answers. Fortunately, there are those here who are far more knowledgeable, so I am hoping someone can provide the answers. Here it goes: I have calibration levels set for both my systems for reference...
  11. CDMC

Garage Systems

I figured since we have threads with different systems, we should do one with garage systems. I spend a fair amount of time in my garage, so like to have some decent tunes in there where I am working. Over time various pieces that aren't being used for other things have ended up in the garage...
  12. CDMC

Cleanup- General Audio Forum

We have been attacked. You would think someone who goes through the trouble of spamming would actually post something intelligible.
  13. CDMC

Dynaudio X12- Black Ex Condition

I picked these up because I always wanted a pair and they are wonderful speakers. I have since replaced them with a pair of Philharmonic Audio Monitors, so they just sit on the shelf looking sad. For their size, they have amazing bass output and work great for a desktop. I have all the...
  14. CDMC

Stereos We Used to Have (Fun)

I thought this might be fun. What did you used to have? What was your first setup? I will start, this is my system circa 1995-1996 when I was in grad school. It was: Dual Turntable- $40 used. Aiwa Cassette Deck- Approx $150 new. Parasound EQ- Never really used by was free, so why not...
  15. CDMC

FS VTV NC252MP- Sold

I decided that I wanted an amp with a power switch on the front so I didn't have to keep lifting my monitor to turn it on and off. Yes, I am a bit lazy. This is a VTV I purchase in June and since have replaced the XLR connectors with Switchcraft and installed a new XLR to board wiring harness...
  16. CDMC

NAD M22v2 Internal Photos

Inquiring minds wanted to know, so here are some shots. No clue what the vertical board is between the power supply and amp side boards, but there is definitely shielding between the two sides.
  17. CDMC

Magnepan 3.5R with Mye Stands- $2500 Sale Pending

I never thought there would be a day when I would sell my Magnepans. The day has come. After 20+ years of large Magnepans, I have downsized to some Revels. I am the second owner of this pair. In 2018, never expecting to sell them, I shipped them back to Magnepan and had them rebuilt. At the same...
  18. CDMC

Amazing Wireworld Speaker Cables- Even More Amazing Price (i.e. pay shipping and they are yours)

Cleaning house. There were used in my system for years. One connection degraded as shown and so they went in the spares box (seeing the bang up job they did on the factory connections, this started my doing it myself, I can do that bad of a job). They can be set up biwire, split into two...
  19. CDMC

Which Speaker Cables? A non life threatening question.

This is intended as somewhat of a fun exercise. I currently use a pair of Wireworld Oasis 8 (might be 7s) cables that I solder terminated with beryllium copper low mass BFA Z-plug bananas. Why the Wireworld. Well, I purchased 30 feet of it for about $80 off of a spool a few years ago. Why...
  20. CDMC

What to do with old Buyer's Guides and Magazines

I have about 15 years worth of Stereo Review Buyer's Guides from the late 1980s through 1999, as well as Sound and Vision, a few from TAS, and Stereophile. I also have some old TAS and Stereophiles that I bought for reference years ago. Not much of this seems to be online. Anyone have a...
Top Bottom