• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magnepan 3.5R with Mye Stands- $2500 Sale Pending

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I never thought there would be a day when I would sell my Magnepans. The day has come. After 20+ years of large Magnepans, I have downsized to some Revels. I am the second owner of this pair. In 2018, never expecting to sell them, I shipped them back to Magnepan and had them rebuilt. At the same time, I ordered and installed a pair of Mye Stands. I threw out the original stands, never intending to sell the speakers or go back to the old stands.

These are for local pickup in the SF Bay Area, as I do not have the boxes to ship the Mye Stands (I do have Magnepan boxes). I am also willing to sell the Sunfire Stereo Amplifier which I used with them and works extremely well. The Sunfire was serviced with the caps replaced and all updates performed by Bill Flannery (Bob Carver's preferred shop and former employee) in 2018.

Attachments

• IMG_5666 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_5666 (Custom).JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_7014 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_7014 (Custom).JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_7015 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_7015 (Custom).JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_7016 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_7016 (Custom).JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 479
OP
CDMC

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So you believe in bi-amping / bi-wiring :cool:

If you knew the speakers you would realize the crossover is outboard and that is why there are two sets of leads to the panels.

Reactions: wje

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry I didn't know.
I like the other ESL, the transparent one which I own since near soon 3 decades , the smallest of that family not the Request (I didn't have that sort of money back then) :(

ScofieldKid

Yeah, those are classic.... Panels and ribbons... love 'em! They do eat power, and require proper room placement, of course. I do have to wonder how the current crop of quality class-D amplifiers match up with those...

Top Bottom