• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold- Sunfire Stereo Amp- Recent Full Service- $950

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Original Sunfire Stereo amplifier that I have owned for 18 years. In 2018, I sent it to Bill Flannery who is Bob Carver's preferred repair person for a check over, tune up, and capacitor replacement. It works wonderfully, but the light for the meter just went out. I have a spare light which is included and is easily installed, but prefer to let someone else install, as I my soldering skills are not the strongest.

This amp has tremendous power output capability and sounds wonderful. Audio Critic Issues 22 & 23 had a writeup on these including measurements, and it does indeed double power down to 1 ohm, at which point they couldn't figure out if the amp finally ran out of power or their testing equipment was getting overloaded. I replaced it with a NAD because I wanted to be able to have automatic turn on and off (yes, I am lazy). It is time for this to find a new home.

Shipping is charged at actual rate, I expect about $50-60 with insurance.
AN2A0035.jpg
AN2A0036.jpg
AN2A0037.jpg
AN2A0038.jpg
AN2A0039.jpg
AN2A0040.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom