• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD M22v2 Internal Photos

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Inquiring minds wanted to know, so here are some shots. No clue what the vertical board is between the power supply and amp side boards, but there is definitely shielding between the two sides.
IMG_7020.JPG
IMG_7021.JPG
IMG_7022.JPG
IMG_7023.JPG
IMG_7025.JPG
IMG_7026.JPG
IMG_7027.JPG
IMG_7028.JPG
IMG_7029.JPG

OP
CDMC

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does it come with extra holes drilled in the bottom plate?

They leave that for the end user. Unfortunately, I currently only have birdshot shells and buckshot is preferred for proper ventilation. I am debating just hitting it with my cordless drill and a bit.

Last edited:
OP
CDMC

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
CDMC

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Got it in my system. When I first put it in it was dead silent, the black level was amazing. Then I remembered I forgot to turn it on. After I turned it on, it was still dead silent. Then I hit play and only had music from one speaker. After realizing I forgot to flip the switch from RCA to XLR on one input, I had both channels.

It works well. I really like the adjustable gain. I have set at the lowest gain (19db) which works great with my RME DAC which puts out 19dbu with 6dbu headroom (so at -1db on the RME with a full digital signal it will just hit clipping on the amp). My calibration level is 78dbc for each speaker at -20dbfs which puts me at -11db on the RME with this gain. I use music leveling set to -20dbfs, so most albums are turned down. Even cranked way up for me I am unlikely to get within 6 db of clipping (which is a lot more headroom than my Maggies had which were about 6db less efficient).

The only thing I am not thrilled about is mine is one that was made before NAD incorporated a turn on sensor so it would self power on with music. I shouldn't complain, I paid $1550 shipped to my door from the seller.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Realistically, it's the only amp using those modules to be adequately heatsinked. The modules are bolted to a thick flat angle extrusion and then the heatsinks are attached to each extrusion plate (left and right).

You could never overheat that thing.

Great photos and thanks for posting. For all those people who think all Hypex NCore implementations are the same, look at these pics and weep.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Realistically, it's the only amp using those modules to be adequately heatsinked. The modules are bolted to a thick flat angle extrusion and then the heatsinks are attached to each extrusion plate (left and right).

You could never overheat that thing.

Great photos and thanks for posting. For all those people who think all Hypex NCore implementations are the same, look at these pics and weep.
Do you think the ATI heat sinks are adequate?

thing?

index.php

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Who knows. It depends on the rating of the unit for the picture you have posted. It looks like the bottom of case is open to let insects in- not a great idea.

12,000uF per rail shared supply with what looks like a decent toroid is about sufficient for an 80-100wpc amplifier. Relying additionally on the amp modules' onboard small value caps is fine with a SMPS, but with a conventional supply, I would be wanting to see if it even gets close to the datasheet specs.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Who knows. It depends on the rating of the unit for the picture you have posted. It looks like the bottom of case is open to let insects in- not a great idea.

12,000uF per rail shared supply with what looks like a decent toroid is about sufficient for an 80-100wpc amplifier. Relying additionally on the amp modules' onboard small value caps is fine with a SMPS, but with a conventional supply, I would be wanting to see if it even gets close to the datasheet specs.
its been reviewed here:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ati-at522nc-stereo-amplifier-review.9999/

OP
CDMC

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

thing?

index.php

ATI has been designing, engineering and manufacturing amplifiers for themselves and others for 40 years. They build quality products. Rest assured, they have provided adequate cooling, heat sinks, power supplies and anything else you can think of.

https://www.ati-amp.com/about.php

Top Bottom