• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS VTV NC252MP- Sold

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I decided that I wanted an amp with a power switch on the front so I didn't have to keep lifting my monitor to turn it on and off. Yes, I am a bit lazy. This is a VTV I purchase in June and since have replaced the XLR connectors with Switchcraft and installed a new XLR to board wiring harness properly following AES48 and Hypex wiring for Pin 1 and shield grounding. VTV does not do so when they assemble them, despite their claims they do so. I have also put thermal paste between the heat sink on the bottom of the amp and case to improve cooling and keep the amp as cool as possible.

I am asking $550, the same as a new VTV as the upgrades took time and connectors and replacement cables cost $50. Note that fixing the wiring fixed the turn off pop I was getting, reducing it to a small thump. This is likely system dependent.

Attachments

• IMG_7049 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_7049 (Custom).JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_6984 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6984 (Large).JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_6985 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6985 (Large).JPG
    356.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_6986 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6986 (Large).JPG
    457 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thinking about this. I have a 2 channel march audio unit and am needing to use just 1 channel for my front 3 channels on my theater. I'll let you know soon.

Top Bottom