Search results

1. LegionOfHell

Question about O2 amplifier...

I have an O2 amplifier and I have some questions: - Is the standard gain(2.5x , 6.5x) the highest gain possible with O2 ? - how do I know if my O2 is set to the standard gain without looking at the PCB ?
  2. LegionOfHell

Is 10Ω output impedance too high for a headphone amplifier ?

I am looking to buy the Creative GC7 but the output impedance is 10Ω, Should I worry about this ? I want to pair the following headphones with it(through headphone out jack): M-Audio Q40, Monoprice Modern Retro, KOSS Prodj200, Creative Aurvana Live! SE, Creative Aurvana Live! 2, Sennheiser PX...
  3. LegionOfHell

SMSL SU-1 vs Topping E30 II Lite

Which DAC has the better measurement ? The measurements that were posted here at ASR show that the E30II/lite have some jitter problems through optical-in which are not audible...whereas the SMSL SU1 does not have this problem.... Should I worry about this ? Which one would you personally go...
  4. LegionOfHell

Question about power supply for the O2 headphone amplifier.

So I recently purchased an O2 headphone amplifier that comes with a WAU12-200 power supply. Some quotes from NwAvGuy's blog: Now I have more powerful amps, but I just wanna make my O2 compatible with all my headphones. The only planars I have are the HE-400 , T50RP MK3 and I have plans to...
  5. LegionOfHell

DAC+AMP combos(single units) vs separate DACs and AMPs(stacks) ?

Would you rather buy DAC+AMP combos(single unit) or separate DACs and AMPs(stacks) ? Are there any cons/pros for each setup ? Obviously you have to use RCA/stereo cables with the stacks, Do RCA/stereo cables degrade the sound ? share your thoughts
  6. LegionOfHell

Sabaj A20h vs Topping L30 II

The power specs for Sabaj A20h are: Are these power ratings for the balanced out or the unbalanced out ? How does the power ratings of Sabaj A20h's unbalanced out compares to Topping L30 II's unbalanced out ? Which one can drive DT990 250ohms better ?
  7. LegionOfHell

SMSL M3 vs Sabaj PHA2

Between SMSL M3 and Sabaj PHA2, Which one has more power ?
  8. LegionOfHell

Which USB charger should I purchase for these devices ?

These are the units: Douk Audio U3 Creative G6 SMSL SU1 Sabaj PHA2 Which USB charger brand should I purchase for these ? Amazonbasics, Anker, Samsung or Ugreen ? out of these: Ugreen UGreen2 AmazonBaics Anker Anker2 which one is the best ? any recommendations ?
  9. LegionOfHell

What if your USB DAC does not have any drivers ?

Lets say you buy a USB DAC that does not have any drivers online. There is no manufacturer website and no other info are given. Is there a way to find the driver manually through the following procedure: - Connect the USB device. - Go to device manager under windows. - Go to Sound, video and...
  10. LegionOfHell

Do RCA cables matter ? if so, recommend one.

I want to buy a 3.5mm to RCA cable, Do RCA cables matter ? I am looking at these two cables: https://a.co/d/a1t1FqQ https://a.co/d/izJ1CYX Which one should I go with ? Are there other cables in the same price range that I can purchase ? (I need a 3.5mm to RCA cable that is shorter than 0.5...
  11. LegionOfHell

Fixed vs Variable output

Standalone DACs with no volume knobs usually have a fixed output when you set their volumes to max in Windows. Which is usually around 2Vrms ? For example, To use Atom DAC+ and SMSL SU-1 DACs you have to set their volumes to max in Windows and then they both output around ~2Vrms ? (By DAC/AMPs...
  12. LegionOfHell

Can I use these DAC/AMP units as standalone DACs ?

I have the following DAC/AMPs: Creative X7 Creative G6 FX-Audio DAC-X6 MKII Zorloo ZuperDac And the following standalone DACs: JDS Labs Atom DAC+ S.M.S.L SU1 I am a n00b when it comes to audio science so consider that when answering me. I want to use my DAC/Amp units as standalone DACS. I...
  13. LegionOfHell

On average, How much amperage do headphone amplifiers need ?

I want to buy several headphone amplifiers that are powered by DC power supplies because some of them don't come with a power supply and some have crappy power supplies...Therefore, I need to buy a good universal power supply. I am looking at these two : (1) https://a.co/d/hJKdDF7 18W (6V...
  14. LegionOfHell

Questions about HiFiman Deva Pro.

I am looking at the Deva pro and I have some questions: - I own the old HE400, Would you consider Deva Pro to be an upgrade to the old HE400 ? - Does Deva Pro use stealth magnets ? what are the benefits of stealth magnets ? What other headphones use stealth magnets ? - Some Hifiman drivers...
  15. LegionOfHell

Should I upgrade to L30II + E30II ?

I currently have a Schiit Heresy(The older one with a HI/LO gain switch at the back) and an ATOM+ DAC ... That's my best setup. You can also see my other setups and the headphones I use in my signature.... Does upgrading to L30II/E30II make sense ? Would you call it an upgrade or a sidegrade ?
  16. LegionOfHell

Is a portable headphone amplifier usable even after its battery dies ?

If the battery dies, can i still use the amp like a desktop amp by always having the power cable connected to it?
  17. LegionOfHell

Recommend an affordable transformer coupled tube headphone amplifier

Does transformer coupled sound as tuby as an OTL or a hybrid? I am looking at these two amps: MP 301: https://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=54 MONOLITH 29511: https://qa2.monoprice.com/product?p_id=29511 Which one do you recommend ? Any...
  18. LegionOfHell

Question about the Mini3 amplifier.

I am building the mini3 amp and I have a questions: At default gain(5x) the power rating is: 200mWrms into 33Ω 30mWrms into 330Ω if I build the amp with a gain of 8x, what would the power rating be ? Also, can you calculate power ratings at other impedances ? like...
  19. LegionOfHell

Do CmoyBB and the AMB Mini3 work without a battery ?

I want to make my own CMOYBB and AMB Mini3. Do these amps work without a battery ? Will they work If I power them with a power adapter with no battery inside ?
  20. LegionOfHell

Software EQ vs Hardware EQ vs Analog EQ

Software EQ: By software EQ I mean an EQ done by a computer program like Equalizer APO. Hardware EQ: By hardware EQ I mean an EQ done by a DSP chip in units like Creative X7 or Monolith 124459. Analog EQ: By analog EQ I mean an EQ done to an analog signal by units like Schiit Loki/Lokius...
Top Bottom