Search results

1. D

Looking for front door 4 inch mid + tweeter speaker recommendations or reviews for BMW?

Hi, Our new car unfortunately came thru with the base audio system. I'd like to upgrade the front doors speakers . Thinking that will be the best bang for the buck - effort Don't see any car audio reviews here on ASRbut hoping someone has some information with sharing. The bigger players...
  2. D

Best place to buy Digital Music now that Amazon has made it very difficult?

I like to buy and own my music collection. I have been faithfully buying all my music from Amazon. But now when you go on they do not let you play the songs you select. There is a shuffle button there instead of a play button. The most annoying and stupid thing ever. I am gussing this is...
  3. D

Could use some help upgrading my mobile outdoor system

Hi, the last couple years I've taken several great recommendations to build a couple listening systems. I set up outside, on our deck fairly often. The easiest set up is the powered Neumi 5s that Erin recommended. For a budget speaker these things are great! Super easy to move around and pack...
  4. D

Class D amp powered with 12v inverter?

Can I run my DA-9 with an inverter without worrying about damage? Thanks
  5. D

SVS pro 1000 keeps losing it's settings back to default?

Up till recently, my sub maintained the settings that three SVS app sent to the speaker. Now it keeps tossing out my settings and even the naming edits I make to the presets. Anyone else?
  6. D

Amp that supports Wireless rear channels?

Hi,. We are interested in installing a system that has wired front and center channels but can accommodate wireless rears. Yamaha makes it's music cast system that necessitates it's proprietary rears but wondering about alternatives. Either proprietary or wireless amps that I can connect...
  7. D

Is this Mis labeled Elton John CD valuable?

Hi,. I have this old Elton John Greatest Hits cd. I thought that my ripped copy somehow got corrupted when I tried to play Bennie and the jets. But it's not. The track labeled on the disk and the jacket as Bennie and the jets is actually Candle in the Wind. This was released in EU with...
  8. D

What do floor standers really bring to the table?

Aside from higher SPLs, what real listening advantage do towers have over the better measuring bookshelfs, if any?
  9. D

Hearing a huge difference in music streamed via BT?

Why would one music player app loaded on my tablet stream musicr on an SD card differently than another app using the same file? Installed Pulsar music app tonight on my tablet and there is a significant difference in music streamed via the Hiby music app.... Very surprised at the difference...
  10. D

Do watt meters accurately measure the power drawn by class D amps?

I plugged my little SMSL DA9 into a relatively cheap watt meter that then plugs into the wall. It's accurate for other devices like Li battery chargers etc. Reads to 0.1 decimals but don't know the accuracy. I'm asking because at even higher than normal listening levels it shows the amp only...
  11. D

Small Amps with Blue Tooth?

Hi, After being on this forum for 6 months, it's dawned on me that the speaker wiring I laid into our house 26 years ago is totally wrong. So I'm now looking at reconfiguring our living room properly. To do that means doing away with all the hidden wires and plopping everything in full view...
  12. D

Floppy wire? What is it and how can I buy some?

My cheapo Neumi powered speakers (that I love) came with a length of super flexible speaker wire. I've never seen wire like this before. I'm guessing it has a lot more plasticizers than normal. I'd like to buy 25 feet of it but have no idea how?
  13. D

Is this worth repairing? Is it difficult? Subwoofer Foam surround replacement

I guess 30 years has not only made me more brittle but my speakers are too. Attached is a pic of my Infinity Modulus MKI Subwoofer. Still works and sounds ok. It's a servo design and seems like the electronics are prone to failing so not sure it's worth a great deal of time or new driver - if...
  14. D

Help with stand alone Subwoofer Cross Over - input impedance setting?

Hi, I've ordered a pair of new speakers to replace my old Infinity Modulus MK1 speakers. I'm still planning to run the infinity Sub with the new speakers. The system came with an external Crossover that has dip switches on the back. Image of their positions attached. I no longer have the...
  15. D

How does this work? Or... The end of the road for The Cone Of Silence?

Kind of fascinating tech. How does this actually work and how far away are the transducers? Edit: https://www.digitaltrends.com/features/holoplot-beamforming-audio/
  16. D

Hiby Music Enque gone?

Hi, I've been using BT to control my Hiby Dac. It used to let me DJ my music from my tablet but for some reason I can't figure out, the ENQUE option seems to be gone - I can no longer quickly pre select a bunch of songs to play.... Anyone else using the HibyApp?
  17. D

Suggestions for smaller lighter speakers that can dig deep but be portable for outdoors?

Hi, I just got a set of the Neumi powered speakers for using on my deck. I'm really happy with them for the price. Added handles to make them easier to ferry around. This got me to thinking, what's possible with a smaller class D amp and some highly regarded speakers? Preferably less than...
  18. D

Is my 40 year old amp living on borrowed time?

Due to changes in lifestyle we've been spending an hour or so a day listening to music on my old but excellent Sony TA555ES amp. I've posted about it before along with some pics. It still looks ok, and no noticable leakage from the caps. It still sounds fantastic, but I'm now wondering how much...
  19. D

What makes the sensation of "sound stage"?

Hi, I've had several pairs of speakers over the years. But it was always a clear upgrade and I never really looked back at the previous speakers. Fast forward to today, I have 2 sets of very similar highly rated book shelf, 2 ways. They both sound amazing! I've got them both broken in...
  20. D

Sub only draws 5 watts?

Hanging around ASR the past few weeks I know there are a lot of people here that understand electronics far better than I do. I'm wondering why the watt meter I plugged my new SVS pro 1000 into only shows 5.1 watts when it's running? Volume isn't deafening but loud enough to my ears. The...
Top Bottom