• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions for smaller lighter speakers that can dig deep but be portable for outdoors?

Destination: Moon

Hi,

I just got a set of the Neumi powered speakers for using on my deck. I'm really happy with them for the price. Added handles to make them easier to ferry around. This got me to thinking, what's possible with a smaller class D amp and some highly regarded speakers? Preferably less than 15 pounds each, lighter is better. The neumis are fantastic for what they are with the tweaks that Erin helped create. But it'd be nice to get some more bottom end and the new small D's seem like they could make a really fantastic movable system!

Attachments

• Hj.jpg
    Hj.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 91
OP
D

Destination: Moon

Thanks Jim. I've been all over the BT speaker world ( some pretty pricy) and it's not the same as having 2 dedicated speakers with some wattage behind them. For 130 bucks the neumi is astounding! But I'm thinking of going next level. Having so much fun on our deck listening to concert quality music

Phantomuser

Forum Donor
two Soundcore Motion plus Bluetooth speakers give a nice stereo spread and sound very clean.the bass is impressive if placed near a wall . they're cheap too about $90 each.

Better is the Minirig 4.2 setup I have pictured .it sounds seriously good but is alot more money.
I use Chromecast audio to stream to 1 or both sets outside .sometimes with my 2 Phantoms playing inside as well !
IMG_20210602_195612~2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom