• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Could use some help upgrading my mobile outdoor system

Destination: Moon

Hi, the last couple years I've taken several great recommendations to build a couple listening systems. I set up outside, on our deck fairly often. The easiest set up is the powered Neumi 5s that Erin recommended. For a budget speaker these things are great! Super easy to move around and pack up. My living room system is a pair of DBR 62s driven by a DA9. The sound is obviously much better from these, but breaking it down and setting it up again in the living room - each time has me thinking about replacing the N5s.

High on the list is the Kali LP 6.5v2s. another budget system that digs much lower. I'm not certain the best way to deliver signal into them? I'll be sourcing from a Hiby R3 DAP at first. It's got 3.5 mm unbalanced output and a 2.5 mm trrs balanced out. The speakers will be 10 to 15 feet apart. Is 3.5mm split to RCA adapter with 8 foot leads the way to do this? Or should I try to parse something to use the 2.5mm and feed the XLR inputs on the Kali monitors??

Welcome any and all suggestions on the wiring and-or speaker suggestions. The less wires the better, since I'm moving it all the time. Thanks!

Top Bottom