Search results for query: yamaha

1. S

Yamaha WXC-50

Hello, Does the unit pre-amplify the AUX IN input? I am trying to hook up a turntable to the AUX IN and use the pre-out to hook up to an integrated NC252 based amplifier. I am trying to get a little bit more volume out of the amp. Thank you. Edit: I could probably just get a standalone...
  2. D

Yamaha rx-596 vs Yamaha a-S801 subjective

This is a subjective impression between the Yamaha RX-596 and the much newer, Yamaha A-S801. I bought the new one due to the common input selector switch issue with the old one. I used the CD direct mode to circumvent the issue but it bugged me. So, out came the wallet. I use a WIIM pro with an...
  3. S

Yamaha A-S1200 bass

Hi, Does anyone knows this: when I turn de bass an treble to the left or right on my Yamaha A-S1200, the music stops for a second?
  4. S

Eq Yamaha RX-A3060

Wanting to Eq my Yamaha RX-A3060 with JBL 698 mains, 665C center and HSU 15" SW. The Yamaha PEQ is limited and wondering how best to do this. Have UMIK-1 and can generate REW measurements, generate EQ filters, but alignment with available PEQ filters in Yamaha is poor. Is there a way to place...
  5. T

Yamaha NS 1000M

Yamaha NS 1000M owners: Does anybody know the exact impedance, not just the resistance of each individual driver (woofer,mid dome, and tweeter)
  6. Multicore

Yamaha powered speaker block diagram

I may soon be in the market for a performance speaker and found myself looking at Yamaha's top-of-the-line DZR portable powered boxes and found this block diagram. I was quite impressed to find four stages of EQ plus delay in the crossover. But I guess that's just software once you've got a DSP...
  7. D

Naim Atom or Yamaha R-N1000

Hi guys, I'm interested in your opinion, Naim Atom or Yamaha R-N1000? Speakers Focal no2.
  8. S

YAMAHA NR 2000 troubleshooting

My loudness knob gives a ‘not available’ message on display. Is there something wrong I should give concern to?
  9. J

Yamaha R-N803 Euro Power Supply

Greetings all, Long time listener, first time caller... I'm currently using a Yamaha R-N803 receiver to drive my awesome Tekton Troubadours (j/k...too soon??)... I actually purchased the receiver in part to the measurements and Amir's review back in the day. It is absolutely perfect for...
  10. S

Upgrading Yamaha RX-A3060, looking for options

Looking for ideas concerning upgrade from Yamaha RX-A3060 to new 2024/2025 AVR. Running only 3.2, L/R/C and 2 subwoofers. Doubt I will upgrade speaker configuration further. Gaming/HT:music is 60:40. Current setup sounds fabulous, but am looking into other options. Gaming suffers due to no pass...
  11. K

Help: Yamaha CRX-E150 - Language Changed to Japanese from English

Hi all, This is my first post. I have a stereo audio receiver(Yamaha CRX-E150). Earlier it used to be displayed in English. But now, it changed to Japanese. I want to change the display language back to English. Can anyone help with this? Happy to give if further input needed
  12. N

What to get instead of Yamaha R-N2000A?

...Anyways, my action plan began and I bought a Technics SL-1500C and now I am actively looking for the rest of the stack. It seems that the Yamaha R-N2000A is the last item standing on my list for my needs: - Room correction (a must for me) - Streamer - HDMI Arc (don't know if mandatory or...
  13. amirm

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Yamaha R-S202 Receiver (tuner plus stereo amplifier) with Bluetooth. Money was kindly donated by a member for me to purchase it new for $200 from Amazon. The R-S202 harkens back to the old days of receivers being the most popular way to play...
  14. C

[FIXED] Yamaha A-S700 intermittent power-on failure (and eventually full failure)

[ SOLVED ] Yamaha A-S700 intermittent power-on failure. Updated as of 16 March 2024 Please help in repairing my Yamaha A-S700 Over recent time my A-S700 has developed an intermittent fault (and today eventually failed completely). It started a week ago, it would not switch on. I tried on/off...
  15. X

How about YAMAHA HS4?

I have JBL 305P MKII. But It's too big for me. I am not a professional, I am just a music lover, so I have not calibrated my speakers. My room is only about 10m². I know it's a downgrade, but it still looks like it's suitable for my use case. How significant is the difference in audio quality...
  16. M

upgrade Speakers/Monitors Yamaha MSP7 to?

...I really don't know what a really big change can be (a higher price does not always imply higher quality). So I'm at a dead end. In the 2 stores in my town I have no possibility of hearing beyond the typical Yamaha H8s and JBL 306, but nothing of higher quality. Any help, suggestions? Thank you.
  17. J

Yamaha Rx-a4a

Good morning, thinking about getting a (3ch) external amp to go with my Yamaha Rx-A4A that is pushing (3) 4ohm (88.7 db sensitivity L/R & 85db center) speakers. I have 7 speakers total hooked up. So how important is it to get to reference levels or is any power improvement better than what I’m...
  18. O

Cheapest possible DAC with balanced XLR/Jack for yamaha hs8

Hello, I am looking for a cheapest dac for my yamaha hs8 monitors to be honest I don't hear difference between dacs, so the cheapeast will be fine I am currently using sonar dx . I am searching for balanced outputs as sadly I have a lot of EMF in my area so I often hear some buzzing or typical...
  19. Z

System upgrade (PMA 720AE, Yamaha NS-B330)

...Denon PMA 720AE Audio-Technica AT-LP 120 Topping DX3 Pro+ (fits for my needs and seems a good one according to forum's feedbacks/measurements) Yamaha NS-B330 The use cases are: 80% is Apple Music + DAC via bluetooth /via USB ~15%, ~LP 5%. The budget is pretty limited, I see some used B330 in...
  20. R

Upgrade to Yamaha rn1000a or something else?

Hi, I currently have the Yamaha rn602 and recently bought Monitor Audio 500 7g speakers. I'm looking to upgrade the amp. Does anyone have experience with the rn602 and the n1000a? I'm wondering whether it will be a noticeable improvement in sound? What other options are there at this price...
Top Bottom