• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

b4nt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Search Soundcloud for Electro, there's thousands, but the 40Hz...dunno.

I have already searched, for hours. Didn't find much or none. Use a CD quality, turn your sub on, enjoy:

Katji

Major Contributor
There are thousands of Electro tracks there, the problem is you would have to get clever /"creative"to find Electro with sub-bass,...at least if it was #Dubstep or #Bass, you could pick some record labels to ask.

Last edited:

b4nt

There are thousands of Electro tracksthere, the problem is you would have to get clever /"creative"to find Elecro with sub-bass,...at least if it was #Dubstep or #Bass, you could pick some record labels to ask.

If I pick any #bass I'd expect to see my sub to move :)

Katji

Major Contributor
uhhmm.. by electro, you don't mean electronic perhaps?
Coil themselves - or the record label - tagged it...

1627243604611.png

that's all quite far from Electro.

Katji

Major Contributor
It's all Electronic...or electronic dance music as per thread title......and House, Techno, and Dubstep and Drum&Bass,...and more, because they develop and combine, and so on. But Electro...has that sort of twangy sound, it might get very bassy, but the main thing is that Roland 808 sound, I think. Oh and what they tag #Bass...it became a sort of group genre.

You could find more like that, if that's what you want, if you search for Industrial or Coil, but if you search for Industrial, it's also a big range...so like anything, you have to sample a few seconds of tracks to find ones that you like. That's what I do all the time, because I like only <5% of House, Deep House, even less of Techno. So it's work. :) I don't have time for my entire "newsfeed", what Soundcloud calls Stream.

Electro, I never much liked, i mostly skip it, but it might show up in a DJ set y someone I follow.

Genealogy...

1627244942447.png

b4nt

@Katji Now I do not know if that is noise or ambiant, out of topic. But I'd like to find much more bassy than this :)

Katji

Major Contributor
Well, I was a bit surprised to see they put Ambient there. No ways. ... :) I'm sceptical about Ambient anyway. I think most people, most people who produce it too, think of it as peaceful, no beats, so much of that ocean waves sound, like white noise, and I don't like it. It seems to have expanded to more than now, though.
I have been unfollowing them, the labels or entities, lately, I need to reduce the newsfeed, it's too much.

Coil...I think the Prodigy was a big influence, maybe Skrillex. But Industrial was not something I knew much of...I don't know what I was into at that time. Maybe Goa Trance / psychedelic trance.

Katji

Major Contributor
And electro, I was surprised to see hip-hop in the genealogy ofit, I never thought of it. For long time I couldn't figure out what it was, I just thought of it as that "twangy" sound, a bit of the acid house sound, maybe a slight rock guitar influence.

b4nt

Coil is a universe of its own, they produced a lot, never twice the same. They are more on the experimental side. Resting and Yoga listening to them, no :)

fluufy

We electro fans must give thanks to an Australian invention in 1979: the Fairlight CMI. The first sampler, this had a massive influence on music in the 80s. The Icehouse album Primitive Man was done largely on Fairlight, and in fact Iva Davies lived not far from the inventors - they would get Iva to test their new software! Later versions in the mid-80s had a sequencer also, and we know where that has come to… (until 1985 the Fairlight only ran at 8-bit/32khz, so you won’t miss much with Spotify ;))

b4nt

We electro fans must give thanks to an Australian invention in 1979: the Fairlight CMI. The first sampler

Do you know when the metronome was invented? Probably the worst for electro. Boom, bom, boom, boom...

Katji

Major Contributor
We electro fans must give thanks to an Australian invention in 1979: the Fairlight CMI. The first sampler, this had a massive influence on music in the 80s. The Icehouse album Primitive Man was done largely on Fairlight, and in fact Iva Davies lived not far from the inventors - they would get Iva to test their new software! Later versions in the mid-80s had a sequencer also, and we know where that has come to… (until 1985 the Fairlight only ran at 8-bit/32khz, so you won’t miss much with Spotify ;))

:D big up down under. .....I only know the Fairmont. .........jees, did we think petrol was expensive?

Katji

Major Contributor
So, I thought this was home boys, but...not. Good..learning.

@Harmonie

Last edited:

fluufy

:D big up down under. .....I only know the Fairmont.
Fairmont? I’m from a Holden family ;).

Here’s one very new from Sydney artist Skeleten, just in time for another COVID outbreak… Sydney’s live music scene has been a bit shit for years now because of our stupid venue licensing laws, so we tend to get more bedroom bangers than bands, but that’s fine for an electronic fan.

fluufy

Speaking of petrol, some Sydney heritage electro: Severed Heads. They were pioneers in creating electronic visuals live with the music - this clip is from a live set on the ABC tv show Rock Arena. Tom Ellard would later lecture in digital media at UNSW Art & Design, where I studied design.

Katji

Major Contributor
Fairmont? I’m from a Holden family ;).

Here’s one very new from Sydney artist Skeleten, just in time for another COVID outbreak… Sydney’s live music scene has been a bit shit for years now because of our stupid venue licensing laws, so we tend to get more bedroom bangers than bands, but that’s fine for an electronic fan.
Melbourne...based on last 3-4 years on Soundcloud, dj/selectors / dj/producers. Rosa Terenzi, brilliant mixes, sometimes awesome/amazing.
I see it says berlin/melb now. smh Berlin is like a magnet now. PS come to think of it, makes sense, much easier to do gigs in Europe and Canada, flights.

1627372368271.png

https://soundcloud.com/roza-terenzi

Top Bottom