• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

DonM

Eric is probably well aware that he can get sued for defamation by Amir, his attorney probably told him to erase those videos and to stop mentioning Amir or ASR in his videos or social media

The following two videos removed from the Tekton Design YouTube account are now posted under "John Appleseed":

Appleseed - TektonDesign.png

It would certainly be challenging to prove who setup this new YouTube account on Apr 12, 2024 and uploaded those videos.

Tranquility Bass

Audio Company
Forum Donor
In all of my communications with Eric, I never got a feeling he was telling his attorney all that was going on here. Otherwise, he would have backed off from my first reply to him.

I didn't even get a feeling he had retained a lawyer. But that he know some that could write a letter for him as a favor.

You should have called his bluff right from the start. That's how these bullies operate. They use intimidation and hollow legal threats to get their way and a lot of people who are not lawyers would probably fall for it.

cheers

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
As I have said a number of times, my attorney charges $500/hour. By the time I bring them up to speed, send them all the background and communication and they write a letter to respond, I am in for thousands of dollars. I happily pay that if I need them for something. But when someone is making frivolous claims, I am not going to jump and spend that kind of money. They need to properly state their case which did not happen here.
And you are fortunate Amir, to have found a good lawyer for that price. Hold on to her/him. Just IMHO, I feel like people on this thread that are suggesting motions to dismiss and counterclaims might have never been on the receiving end of a litigation invoice, or maybe not lately. It's easy to spend $1000/hr for an associate lawyer these days, never mind partners.

Last edited:

Sean_S

I just can’t get past his definition of litigation—how does it not imply potential legal proceedings, i.e., a lawsuit. I think he would do best to retract his statements and just disappear.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Not a regular Facebook user but went there on the tekthing page and ...

This is not a good PR for tek-thing. The general tone wasn't favorable to the tactics of the tekthing owner. He will have to do some damage control , his last stunt may result in more than $8k of cancelled orders..

I was pleasantly surprised to realize that there are more people, that are now interested in honest, objective evaluation of audio, than I thought. Call it the ASR effect. I hope it spreads in other segment of the market, for example cameras where reputation and mostly subjective hold great sway.. My pet peeves are Leica cameras, which I don't fully understand why all the fuss, having owned back in the days, a Leica SL-2... Or Car or solar panels or ... bikes or ... really lot of things, where the noise of subjectivism is drowning any attempt at honesty.

Peace.

Last edited:

Jaxjax

I was pleasantly surprised to realize that there are more people, that are now interested in honest, objective evaluation of audio, than I thought. Call it the ASR effect
I've watched this transpire too. I praise what ASR has done for my pet peeve which is cables tests which show no one needs expensive cables be it power or anything else & that $ can be spent on speakers as it should be. The positive use of EQ around here is also greatly appreciated. I remember when ASR 1st came about & it shook up the world man....lol Alot of those naysayers are on here now & stay.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
UPDATE!

Erin just posted this on his Patreon (again, behind a paywall)....and I got his permission to re-post here.

Erin said in his Patreon post:
Not to be dramatic but I am well aware many of you are interested in what transpired the last couple weeks. And to put this all behind me I wanted to share what is the final chapter for me. Any future correspondence will have to be done through my lawyer.

I’ve got some other stuff coming up soon! So stay tuned!

Thanks for sticking this out with me. You all rock!!

2 attached photos:
1.jpg

2.jpg

MAB

Major Contributor
UPDATE!

Erin just posted this on his Patreon (again, behind a paywall)....and I got his permission to re-post here.

Erin said in his Patreon post:

2 attached photos:
View attachment 363971
So it's narrowed down to:
  1. Sample to sample variation from Tekton.
  2. Irreproducibility of impedance measurements, likely on Tekton's side.
  3. Online emotions.
  4. All of the above.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Typical bully behavior keep pressing the buttons on the guy you know you have gotten to. Good for Erin shutting off the the correspondence. Share you data Tekton if you have any or you will continue to look like a__. We are calling your buff. Where's the Beef.

Thomas Lutro

Forum Donor
I'm waiting for Erin to report on Axpona. Looks like he's been hanging with some cool guys there.

Todd k

Forum Donor
I wonder how tecton was received at Axpona. Gonna bet that room was a little lonely, an Erin stayed off that floor. Obviously EA will have a hard time recovering his lost business over his awful behavior toward Erin an Amir. Can’t wait to hear what the scuttlebutt was among the exhibitors and attendees about tekton gate.

Xcaliber

Maybe Erin should counter-sue Eric Alexander for defamation and causing emotional distress/damage, and also sue Tekton for selling misleading products?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe Erin should counter-sue Eric Alexander for defamation and causing emotional distress/damage, and also sue Tekton for selling misleading products?
I think that seems like a way to get justice of sorts, but in reality it would mean that Erin would have to spend a lot of money on lawyers (with some but not 100% chance at a payout later), and have to deal with Eric Alexander for a long time going forward. Two things I'm guessing he doesn't want to do in the least.

Xcaliber

I think that seems like a way to get justice of sorts, but in reality it would mean that Erin would have to spend a lot of money on lawyers (with some but not 100% chance at a payout later), and have to deal with Eric Alexander for a long time going forward. Two things I'm guessing he doesn't want to do in the least.

That's true, based on Erin's latest video it looks like he just wanted to be done with it and move on.

When the product being sold by Tekton do not match or measure up to what they are selling, wouldn't that also make them liable for intentionally trying to mislead and defraud consumers, with false advertisement and deceptive promotion? Perhaps at the very least, someone should report them to FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection and Better Business Bureau.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When the product being sold by Tekton do not match or measure up to what they are selling, wouldn't that also make them liable for intentionally trying to mislead and defraud consumers,
Yes, but that describes half or more of the entire audio industry.

The problem is that usually someone who has purchased the product and found it not as described needs to complain. Most people who have bought snake oil (which Tekton is not... it seems like they just inflate their specs a bit) seem really happy with their snake oil, so nothing happens.

The BBB is also not a real solution to anything. It's not a government agency and can't do anything about fraud. It's basically oldschool Yelp... and if you buy a membership with them, magically your BBB rating improves.

Xcaliber

Yes, but that describes half or more of the entire audio industry.

The problem is that usually someone who has purchased the product and found it not as described needs to complain. Most people who have bought snake oil (which Tekton is not... it seems like they just inflate their specs a bit) seem really happy with their snake oil, so nothing happens.

The BBB is also not a real solution to anything. It's not a government agency and can't do anything about fraud. It's basically oldschool Yelp... and if you buy a membership with them, magically your BBB rating improves.

Sad but true as well....too many snake oil type scams in the audio industry, where con artists often laughing all the way to the bank, quite literally.

Ninjastar

UPDATE!

Erin said in his Patreon post...

What tools is he using to "measure" and not just design simulations?

I can safely assume they are not as exacting as the Klippel NFS.

In other words, Eric is bringing a plastic knife to a gun fight.

All this over a 250 Hz resonance and some emphasis on the upper midrange? Nobody cared about that.

Erin only noticed that in subjective listening when A-B testing against the ~$3k MoFi Sourcepoint 8. This is a compliment to the Troubadours and he couldn't just take it.

Top Bottom