• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
UPDATE!

Erin just posted his review to Patreon.

You can access the video if you're a Patreon paying member, of course.

The video on YouTube is UNLISTED, but Erin does this for Patreon members, and will release to the public in a few days (usually, I mean).
So stay tuned!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
UPDATE!

The video on YouTube is UNLISTED, but Erin usually does this for Patreon members, and will release to the public in a few days!
So stay tuned!
Erin has good taste in T-shirts! AC/DC yeaaaH!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
UPDATE!

The video on YouTube is UNLISTED, but Erin does this for Patreon members, and will release to the public in a few days (usually, I mean).
So stay tuned!
What is the summary of what he says?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
has his intimidation worked? I can see every reviewer that reads what is going on here think twice about writing anything negative about a product
I think this has been working perfectly fine for the industry for years. I’m also convinced Tekton isn’t the only company that does this.

The major difference now is that people came forward and talked about it instead of accepting it. So, in the end, this will be a major win for the consumer and community. This is the way forward towards a better industry. So keep it up please!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll give you Erin's concluding sentence.
So that means Eric still won and got what he wanted: no more unsolicited reviews. He can go back now to paying for reviews from shills and continue his bullying as usual. Frankly, while I can understand Erin’s sentiment on the matter, I see it as a loss for the community. That, right after a post where I see the whole ordeal as a positive… :facepalm: I don’t know anymore…

rynberg

Forum Donor
What is the summary of what he says?
The measurements with the feet in place were essentially no different. And Erin spends about 10 minutes going through the communications with Eric Alexander -- Eric definitely threated him with litigation if the review wasn't pulled and demanded Erin post up a mea culpa video. He was also very derogatory about Erin's expertise (much like he was here with you), claiming the cabinet resonance at 250 Hz was due to the missing feet, etc. With the feet in place, nothing changed with the 250 Hz resonance.

Update: Eric suggested that litigation would be avoided if he brought a set of Troubadors in person to Erin and witnessed the Klippel testing in person and then film a joint video(!). He also was continually emailing Erin saying that he had now lost $3k in sales, then $6k in sales, etc. He also claimed he was going to send Erin measurements but then demanded that they have a conversation with lawyers again. It's a mess.

Update #2: Hard to watch the end as you could tell Erin was struggling with his emotions...this whole incident really caused him a ton of stress and anxiety. Eric Alexander is a real piece of work.

Last edited:

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The measurements with the feet in place were essentially no different. And Erin spends about 10 minutes going through the communications with Eric Alexander -- Eric definitely threated him with litigation if the review wasn't pulled and demanded Erin post up a mea culpa video. He was also very derogatory about Erin's expertise (much like he was here with you), claiming the cabinet resonance at 250 Hz was due to the missing feet, etc. With the feet in place, nothing changed with the 250 Hz resonance.
Pretty much as expected here -- there's not all that much to be accomplished by plugging a few holes.

KSTR

Major Contributor
Update: Eric suggested that litigation would be avoided if he brought a set of Troubadors in person to Erin and witnessed the Klippel testing in person and then film a joint video(!).
That would be much welcomed to put the disbelieving Thomas back in line ;-)
Erin should definitely charge a fee for that expert service.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So that means Eric still won and got what he wanted: no more unsolicited reviews. He can go back now to paying for reviews from shills and continue his bullying as usual. Frankly, while I can understand Erin’s sentiment on the matter, I see it as a loss for the community. That, right after a post where I see the whole ordeal as a positive… :facepalm: I don’t know anymore…
Hopefully , someone can still send Tekton speakers to Amir he has much better means to handle such heat apparently .

But i get it . many posters makes ligth fun of Eric and his behavior . Its no fun at all the guy is probably dangerous for real as first class narcissist are . Letting such a person near your home ? not a good idea ?
I do understand Erin's decisions

Katzz

He also was continually emailing Erin saying that he had now lost $3k in sales, then $6k in sales, etc.
Well of course since he retired the troubadour from his page without any valid reason after Erin Review, I cant believe that Eric was really trying to apply that scummy tactic to Erin
Edit: It seems that he was claiming that those loses were from cancelled orders from other models

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Update: Eric suggested that litigation would be avoided if he brought a set of Troubadors in person to Erin and witnessed the Klippel testing in person and then film a joint video(!)
F*ck no! Don’t let that man anywhere near your house. It’s just another attempt at trying to make up some unsubstantiated bullshit to discredit Erin, Kippel and/or science.

And once again, gives him the opportunity to not share any of his own data in the process. This man is just devious!

Last edited:

KSTR

Major Contributor
F*ck no! Don’t let that man anywhere near your house.
Maybe you're right. I forgot this is happening in the USA where people get shot for silly reasons, someone loosing his nerves.

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
He also was continually emailing Erin saying that he had now lost $3k in sales, then $6k in sales, etc.
I could not care less. That's on him 1000%. I hoped that he would learn from this ridiculous drama, but it appears he makes substantial efforts to do not.

This, however...
Update #2: Hard to watch the end as you could tell Erin was struggling with his emotions...this whole incident really caused him a ton of stress and anxiety
Who is going to compensate Erin for what he's been through ? Will you, Eric ?!...

Last edited:

sgent

Here is a big question: has his intimidation worked? I can see every reviewer that reads what is going on here think twice about writing anything negative about a product. I will continue of course as I have but others? I can see fingers shaking as they write anything remotely not complimentary. And not just about Tekton speakers. But everything.

If this is true, we have a major setback here that we need to repair.

It sounds like a good idea for an AV Reviewer's Society to kick off, with their first benefit being indemnity insurance.

Induna

Update: Eric suggested that litigation would be avoided if he brought a set of Troubadors in person to Erin and witnessed the Klippel testing in person and then film a joint video(!). He also was continually emailing Erin saying that he had now lost $3k in sales, then $6k in sales, etc. He also claimed he was going to send Erin measurements but then demanded that they have a conversation with lawyers again. It's a mess.

Update #2: Hard to watch the end as you could tell Erin was struggling with his emotions...this whole incident really caused him a ton of stress and anxiety. Eric Alexander is a real piece of work.
You know, this is the kind of crap that behavior like Mr. Alexander's imposes on other people. This is beyond business, economic concerns, social awkwardness or a "passionate small businessman trying to protect his livelihood". All of those things are simply human even when they get unpleasant. Mr. Alexander, on the other hand, is trying to make himself and his "problems" the focus of Erin's life and insinuate himself into it. Who the f@#€k does that? Remember that in his last messages here he was being complimentary to Erin and saying he was a "decent guy and would happily send him more speakers, yada yada", while making Amirm his target du jour. Now it's apparent that he was continuing to try and manipulate Erin, too.

I just think it's important to recognize his actions for what they are and not lose sight of how really bizzare and disfuncional they are. If you haven't had the "pleasure" of dealing with people like this before it can be hard to see just how manipulative they are being. My condolences to both Erin and @amirm for the crap they've had to put up with. I cannot imagine what it is like to work with/for Mr. Alexander :(.

This is all my personal opinion, of course.

Top Bottom