• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I found out how to make the strongest subwoofer sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

syzygy

Now show us the subwoofer that goes with that tweeter. :D
Oh, you mean the 70 kilometer Tunguska?

GytMw7JNWK2ZhJkLxM58xd-320-80.jpg

OP
P

patq2

Strongest is a silly description for that… my two fifteens in 6 cubic ft each would definitely argue that point
I guess you think I mean strongest like a tank that is not the case what I really mean is strongest like the tweeters

OP
P

patq2

Pink Sabbith? :p

...My home theater system has a pair of DIY 15-inch subs.
I use the sony DH590 sinch the amp I was using before was making pop sound and cutting off and on

scrubb

Forum Donor
The most intense bass I've experienced was at a very loud Mastodon concert in a theater. I was standing just under the front of the balcony and started having trouble standing because my legs were shaking. It took me a moment to realize that the all of the low bass (not just the kick drum) was causing my entire body to vibrate and somehow that made it taxing to stand. (The edibles might have contributed to the effect.)

Dumdum

I guess you think I mean strongest like a tank that is not the case what I really mean is strongest like the tweeters
No I mean best from top to bottom of its bandwidth, the 15’s play from 15hz to 80hz perfectly well, box design and subwoofer choice matter massively, plus eq after the fact to make sure the impact is present

OP
P

patq2

No I mean best from top to bottom of its bandwidth, the 15’s play from 15hz to 80hz perfectly well, box design and subwoofer choice matter massively, plus eq after the fact to make sure the impact is present
its not possible for your system to have flat sound when your subwoofer is doing that yeah I had to use 277Hz 24DB crossover that is the first time any system used had flat sound And I used many different systems including the Logitech Z5500 also this means the Logitech Z5500 doesn’t have flat sound

Last edited:

Dumdum

its not possible for your system to have flat sound when your subwoofer is doing that yeah I had to use 277Hz 24DB crossover that is the first time any system used had flat sound And I used many different systems including the Logitech Z5500 also this means the Logitech Z5500 doesn’t have flat sound
Doing what? Having decent bandwidth? Sorry but you don’t know how to design and tune subwoofers if you think that… it doesn’t matter what systems you used, it doesn’t make you some kind of yoda for subwoofers clearly

OP
P

patq2

Doing what? Having decent bandwidth? Sorry but you don’t know how to design and tune subwoofers if you think that… it doesn’t matter what systems you used, it doesn’t make you some kind of yoda for subwoofers clearly
15Hz to 80Hz isn’t a lot of bandwidth 73Hz to 3100Hz is a lot of bandwidth so my subwoofer has more bandwidth

Last edited:

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
15Hz to 80Hz isn’t a lot of bandwidth 73Hz to 3100Hz is a lot of bandwidth so my subwoofer has more bandwidth
My tweeter goes from 1 kHz to 20 kHz, so has more bandwidth. Therefore it’s a better subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom