• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IK Multimedia ARC System 4

czt

ARC4 is here. Any test about whether the loaded 3rd party microphone calibration file finally working or still not? Testing...

Attachments

• 1708859753470.png
    1708859753470.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Bartez2000

Third-party microphones and their calibration files already worked in the previous version of arc 3

Overseas

Major Contributor
Wow, just found the thread after seeing news of the launch.

I am non technical, owning a good setup but looking for room correction easy to use. Is this working for stereo home system?

Overseas

Major Contributor
I have Umik1 already, should I keep it or get Ik Arc mic?

Is it reputed firm?

OP
czt

czt

Third-party microphones and their calibration files already worked in the previous version of arc 3
Can be loaded but never worked (and not just for me). See other threads here and on gearspace.

ai studio

Hi I have a question
Does arc 4 work even without purchasing the arc studio device?
Or must also purchase an arc studio device in order to work with it.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi I have a question
Does arc 4 work even without purchasing the arc studio device?
Or must also purchase an arc studio device in order to work with it.

You need some way to apply the corrections calculated by ARC. The usual way is to use the ARC VST plug-in to apply them in your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software. It is possible to use another VST host like Voicemeeter Banana to apply the corrections and do this systemwide. I have done this with ARC3, but it's a bit fiddly and tends to get broken (and require re-setup) after Windows updates. (note: eAPO can also act as a VST host, but I couldn't get it to work with the ARC3 VST).

The other issue I had with ARC3 is that it requires 27 measurement positions for the mic. This is very tedious to execute. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort for music listening only.

I own ARC3 because I could buy it a discount as an iLoud MTM owner. It was fun to play with, but I don't use it anymore. My current system was setup using the moving mic method with a UMIK-1 & REW, with PEQ applied system-wide using eAPO - it's a lot quicker and easier than using ARC.

Last edited:

Overseas

Major Contributor
I am seriously considering IK studio with Arc 4, for my main system, to use it between Topping E50 Dac (BAL TRS out) and Yamaha AS1100 (unbal RCA in).

It is not my comfort area, but for the price of the bundle I am going to try.

Foxenfurter

I can echo what Berwhale has said. I bought arc 3 system because it was on offer and I have iloud mini monitors. It works well, but the measurements are a pain to do and the VST plugin does not play nice with Equaliser APO and mucking around with virtual cable is a pain. I would be good if you could export the measurements for use in another tool, but you can't.

ai studio

Hi
When I enter arc 4
I downloaded a trial version
He tells me he requires the device
arc studio

So it is impossible to use ARC 4
without ARC STUDIO Device .?

Overseas

Major Contributor
Just realized the magic box is AD/DA converting my precious Topping E50 output, so probably I will not go for this.

Saving for Minidsp Flex, that works on the digital signal.

esemaj01

Now with ARC4 it can be only 7 (just the ear level layer).
You have two choices with ARC 4 studio. The 7 point choice and the 21 point choice with is ear level, 6" below ear level and 6" above ear level at various positions.

christaras

Considering buying the arc 4 mic not the "dac" is there any downside buying the mic/software only except that i have to open the software every time?

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Considering buying the arc 4 mic not the "dac" is there any downside buying the mic/software only except that i have to open the software every time?
You can use the correction software without the "DAC", but do you already have an audio interface?

Top Bottom