• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
I don't remember if I saw it in his previous thread or in a private message, but @MKR's room is quite large and quite beautiful.
Sorry Duke, appreciate the kind words, but I think you are mistaking my room with another. It is yet to be built (unfortunately)

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
Given that D&D's primary market is professional recording studios, and given that the 8c is a worldclass midfield monitor, two directions they might go are towards main monitors or towards dedicated mixing monitors. And main monitors would call for significantly higher output, as one of the jobs of the main monitors is "impress the clients", in this case the clients being the musicians who are paying the recording studio. When the studio plays the album they just finished for the band, they want the band members to be blown away. This doesn't usually happen at modest sound pressure levels.

My guess is that the step up (in output at least) from midfield monitors to main monitors is likely to be a significant one.
Well said Duke … You are not far off the mark I suspect

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Already did, dropped from short list
I would too.
Nice speakers to be sure and impeccable measurements, but for my taste they are lacking subjectively from the mids on up and then there is the aesthetic challenge.

Reactions: MKR
OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
I would too.
Nice speakers to be sure and impeccable measurements, but for my taste they are lacking subjectively from the mids on up and then there is the aesthetic challenge.
Exactly, and overpriced for what you get. If I were going to go that route would have someone build me a set of the M2 clones for a fraction of the price

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing wrong except lacking in output. Go big or go home, surface area is king
Wishing you a future with high output.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Sorry Duke, appreciate the kind words, but I think you are mistaking my room with another. It is yet to be built (unfortunately)

That's weird. I have a mental image of what I thought was your room. Ha!

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Maybe you are just seeing the future :p

Well that would explain my speakers being in the room and your bank account being empty...

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
@MKR, you might check these out.
Yup :D … already well aware of those, been discussing with AJ for weeks. They are the new Titans, horn loaded line source with Dayton (previous B&G) planars and 12 (yes 12) Dayton woofers per tower. Fully active variable directivity cardioid! I wasn’t going to mention anything quite yet because I only got to spend a short time with them first day of show, wanted to give them a fair shake. Do note they are just prototypes and still need some “tweaking”, but even so, wow, amazing sound from these beasts. Will be spending more time with them last day of show and provide a more detailed report later.

And I am sure you noticed, and to my prior comments, no room treatment in that room ;)

Last edited:

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
Yup :D … already well aware of those, been discussing with AJ for weeks. They are the new Titans, horn loaded line source with Dayton (previous B&G) planars and 12 (yes 12) Dayton woofers per tower. Fully active variable directivity cardioid! I wasn’t going to mention anything quite yet because I only got to spend a short time with them first day of show, wanted to give them a fair shake. Do note they are just prototypes and still need some “tweaking”, but even so, wow, amazing sound from these beasts. Will be spending more time with them last day of show and provide a more detailed report later.

And I am sure you noticed, and to my prior comments, no room treatment in that room ;)
Um, WOW. You had me at "fully active variable directivity cardioid." Plus, I actually really like the look (even if they are prototypes in a somewhat dark room). Having neither heard them or heard OF them, these are now my endgame speakers. Now, the only serious question to ask myself is which major organ I might be able to live without (at least for a little while) in order to afford them... anyone here need a kidney? Spleen? Thyroid? Anyone?

kma100

Forum Donor

The heart wants what the heart wants. I see roads leading to AJ's speakers (he does need up update the website though!) :)

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
Um, WOW. You had me at "fully active variable directivity cardioid." Plus, I actually really like the look (even if they are prototypes in a somewhat dark room). Having neither heard them or heard OF them, these are now my endgame speakers. Now, the only serious question to ask myself is which major organ I might be able to live without (at least for a little while) in order to afford them... anyone here need a kidney? Spleen? Thyroid? Anyone?
Well, not sure what your budget is, but in this hobby of insane pricing, these are reasonably (it’s all relative of course) priced at $22k

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Correct, thank you sir. Although it is the room to be built, does not yet exist ;)
Sorry, is it meters or ft?
never mind, answered later in this thread.
Ignore me

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
Sorry, is it meters or ft?
never mind, answered later in this thread.
Ignore me
No worries, all good … I am sure you were thinking wow, that is a massive room (assuming meters) :p

Top Bottom