• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

prestigetone

Siberg Manta would be on my short list I think Purite said they were some of the best of the best

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, this is a really ugly looking speaker.
I would not even put it in my living room, if get money for it.
Would look right at home in a room that has about five dozen crushed beer cans on the floor, not to mention half a dozen tipped over tequila and Early Times bottles, plus a coupla bongs and baggies of multicolored pills, together with seven or eight partially clothed people passed out on the stained concrete floor around 9am.

geek101

Forum Donor
Yes, well aware of the spins, been here a while ;-) ... I will have a deviated listening room, see earlier post. I plan to have multiple subs, but eve then full range mains are a must. Also this will be dual purpose music/HT. What speakers in the list do you own?
I have Aeris speakers

Reactions: MKR

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Would look right at home in a room that has about five dozen crushed beer cans on the floor, not to mention half a dozen tipped over tequila and Early Times bottles, plus a coupla bongs and baggies of multicolored pills, together with seven or eight partially clothed people passed out on the stained concrete floor around 9am.
images

YSC

Major Contributor
if I am to say I would either go for full technical "perfection" as in how the Neumann KH420 or Genelec 8361+W371A combo, or a more domestical D&D 8C style thing if I would go active, room corrections are really nice to have in domestic environment especially those kits are handy if you want to re-calibrate with changes in seating position or furnitures. And if passive is fine for you personally I would opt for something measures good enough to great, but with some furniture style finish/styling, my personal preference are Vivid Giya G1 or KEF Blade 1 Meta, these looks kind of artistic in domestic environment, (kind of for the Vivid) good directivity in room helps quite a bit on overall tonality, and I am aware that when going end game, visual satisification aka psychoacoustic do take a big part, so consider them also.

Revels are nice also for the C/P side of things but I doubt the end game feeling for you is enough.

btw if bookshelf size is ok for you the March Audio Sutinova is great looking and performing speaker as well, wood with the purifi driver always catch something in the heart of men

this is me

When I had 35k to spend on a pairs of speakers, I went to my local dealer and demoed what they have. After 3 weeks, I found what I like and put in the order. 6 months later, the speakers arrived and for 14month now, I’ve enjoyed them as much as day one.
Stop wasting time on the forum. Many people with many subjective opinions on stuff they never heard.
16 months since your initial question and you still have not gotten a pair of your endgame speaker. What a waste.
A speaker can only be as good as you can listen to them in person. And with a trustworthy dealer backing you up when issues arise.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Not that I can disclose, sorry

During World War II, Christopher Lee (yes, the actor) served in the British Special Operations Executive. Many years later a reporter asked him if he had ever gone on any secret missions behind enemy lines. He replied by asking the reporter, "Can you keep a secret?" The reporter said, "Yes, yes I can." Christopher Lee then leaned in close and whispered in the reporter's ear: "So can I."

Last edited:
OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
When I had 35k to spend on a pairs of speakers, I went to my local dealer and demoed what they have. After 3 weeks, I found what I like and put in the order. 6 months later, the speakers arrived and for 14month now, I’ve enjoyed them as much as day one.
Stop wasting time on the forum. Many people with many subjective opinions on stuff they never heard.
16 months since your initial question and you still have not gotten a pair of your endgame speaker. What a waste.
A speaker can only be as good as you can listen to them in person. And with a trustworthy dealer backing you up when issues arise.
Thanks for your thoughts, and great you found something you enjoy. But not a waste of time at all for me. I clearly explained in my post reason for delay, plus I am enjoying the journey.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Fair request of course ... While I am OK with minimal room treatment, I am very against making one's living space look like a modern art museum or a padded cell in an insane asylum. Or better to say, your listening space should not look like an anechoic chamber! Such excessive room treatment should not be necessary with today's modern DSP based active systems. As I have stated in other forums, I want speakers that adapt to the room, not the other way around. This is why I am primarily focused on actives. However, I am well aware I am contradicting myself here given some of the speakers on my list (especially the passive dipole planners). But, I was so enamored with some of these in my auditions that to be intellectually honest, I need to keep them on the list (for now). So, in the case of certain speakers on my list, more room treatment (and/or external EQ and bass mgmt) will be necessary vs the DSP based actives.

Room does not exist yet, building a new home, designing it now (now you at least partly understand why the quest slowed down a bit ;)) ... Expected to be around 20x30x10 (feet).

As to the audio show report, thanks for the suggestion. But as it is directly relevant to my quest, I rather keep it here in this thread (unless @BDWoody directs otherwise). Which should in fact mostly be what I am interested in.
If your room is still being designed have you considered getting an acoustician in now to help with that? It may be as important as the choice of speakers…

quattro98

Forum Donor
Also this will be dual purpose music/HT.
Of the speakers on your list, I think I’ve only heard Clarisys. My dealer sells them and I like listening to them in their big room. I find them bright sounding, but with a very pleasant and impressive wall of sound effect.

Given your stated intent of a dual purpose system, I would consider the availability of center, surround, and overhead speakers within the context of an overhead system.

I went with KEF Reference for our speakers for a dual use living room system. For multichannel home use, KEF is my preference.

I think other good options include Perlisten and Revel. If I had a dedicated room, I’d probably go with studio monitors all around with EQ to my preference. I have Neumann and like them. Genelec are great too.

Of the speakers on your list, I’d take the Dutch and Dutch without hesitation if you have the ability to use one for the center and have a plan for the surrounds and overheads.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
I'm well interested! All I see is Chris Stapleton, which is a great start as far as I'm concerned.
You won't actually beat my Sierra LX's, if I'm allowed an actual recommendation for your thread.
You cannot view the full playlist? Strange. As to the Sierra, never heard them, and not quite what I am looking for, but look to be a solid design, congrats and enjoy.

As to Chris Stapleton, please forgive me, but I just became aware of him couple weeks ago! What a loss on my part. What an incredible talent. I am not at all a fan of the country music genre (about the only genre I don’t like), so that is likely why I missed him before as that is category he falls under in Qobuz. However, I would better categorize his music as folk/blues/rock (which is why I like it), not country.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
Thank you. Indeed I was looking at the Pure Acourate speakers when @Purité Audio pointed them out. Very interesting. However, while I expect will be a stellar design, spending a lot of money on those Purifi drivers that appear to be overkill and not necessary (reducing what is likely and mostly inaudible distortion). But nonetheless I hope I get a chance to hear them at some point and will keep them on my radar! As to Bjorn’s new design, I expect these will also be excellent, but I am not a fan of those massive horns. Fully understand form follows function and I prioritize performance over looks, but these are a bit over the top even for me. But as with Pure Acourate, I hope get a chance to hear them and keep them on the radar.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You cannot view the full playlist? Strange. As to the Sierra, never heard them, and not quite what I am looking for, but look to be a solid design, congrats and enjoy.

As to Chris Stapleton, please forgive me, but I just became aware of him couple weeks ago! What a loss on my part. What an incredible talent. I am not at all a fan of the country music genre (about the only genre I don’t like), so that is likely why I missed him before as that is category he falls under in Qobuz. However, I would better categorize his music as folk/blues/rock (which is why I like it), not country.
I too cannot get it to load on Qobuz

Shows, “try again later” on the phone. Maybe different on a computer but I’m mostly mobile these days.

Maybe give the name of the playlist? Our user name playlist if that’s a possibility?

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
I too cannot get it to load on Qobuz

Shows, “try again later” on the phone. Maybe different on a computer but I’m mostly mobile these days.

Maybe give the name of the playlist? Our user name playlist if that’s a possibility?
Hmmm, strange. I copied over with my Macbook, here is link via mobile, let me know if this works … http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/19833957

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thank you. Indeed I was looking at the Pure Acourate speakers when @Purité Audio pointed them out. Very interesting. However, while I expect will be a stellar design, spending a lot of money on those Purifi drivers that appear to be overkill and not necessary (reducing what is likely and mostly inaudible distortion). But nonetheless I hope I get a chance to hear them at some point and will keep them on my radar! As to Bjorn’s new design, I expect these will also be excellent, but I am not a fan of those massive horns. Fully understand form follows function and I prioritize performance over looks, but these are a bit over the top even for me. But as with Pure Acourate, I hope get a chance to hear them and keep them on the radar.
£75k the Pure Project speakers but they do come and set everything up.
No provision for analogue EQ though ( at least not through the system as sold) which imho seems a little short sighted, considering that the majority demographic for £75k speakers is likely to be older customers.
Keith

Top Bottom