• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Lineup of Emotiva Speakers

HighFutility

It looks like Emotiva has refreshed its speaker lineup. I was hoping to snag a pair of their T2+ towers for the last year, but they have been entirely out of stock despite having sales every few months. It was ludicrous. They offered black Friday, cyber Monday, and Boxing Day sales on speakers that were out of stock the entire year—end of rant. Speakers can be seen here: https://emotiva.com/collections/loudspeakers

Their center channels caught my eye, and I had to do a double take. I can't say I have ever seen this configuration, but I would love to see how they measure/market them.

emotiva.png

JSmith

Master Contributor
Seems they are using folded ribbon tweeters, which can have limited dispersion and non-ideal directivity. Would be interested to see some of their new range measured.

JSmith

norman bates

Forum Donor
ug, they that went away from tweet above midrange with woofers to the left/right of the midrange.

See the emotiva c1+
emotiva c1plus.jpg

ooheadsoo

Forum Donor
Basic bookshelf is now $500 and near impossible for the centers to have good horizontal dispersion, it's a sad day.

norman bates

Forum Donor
copper shorting ring in 6" 2-way, that's nice though.
I worry about the woof sunk into the baffle....

I'm suprised I don't see a tweet/5-6" mid/double 8" speaker............

or even a tweet/5"/8" 3-way.................

sam_adams

Major Contributor
The XC3 makes a little more sense visual symmetry-wise—on some planet:
XC3_FRONT_WEB.png

but $899? This would be an interesting product to review (No, I will not be sending it in, so don't ask.).

Top Bottom