• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Exclusive, @pkane how about showing "exclusive" and "shared" in the drop down menu so that others don't need to mention it? Also eliminates the need to open the setting dialog.
If there's a way to avoid opening the setting window, and to add "exclusive" or "shared" in the main to see it clearly, it would be great, but I'm not for adding it in the drop down menu as it would duplicate all WASAPI device lines, and when you have audio interface with lots of inputs/outputs, it's already hard to find the one you want quickly, so having twice the number of lines for WASAPI that there is now... it would be a nightmare IMHO

bennetng

Major Contributor
If there's a way to avoid opening the setting window, and to add "exclusive" or "shared" in the main to see it clearly, it would be great, but I'm not for adding it in the drop down menu as it would duplicate all WASAPI device lines, and when you have audio interface with lots of inputs/outputs, it's already hard to find the one you want quickly, so having twice the number of lines for WASAPI that there is now... it would be a nightmare IMHO
foobar does this for decade I haven't seen anyone complain about it. Some people have installed too many virtual devices, API support, and without disabling unused device like GPU HDMI/DP output and such of course will make the list much longer, but I always disable unused stuff. In the case of Realtek, the device will disappear when there is nothing plugged in.

Another way to do this is similar to what Multitone Analyzer does. ASIO control panel icons show up when ASIO is being selected in the drop down list, the same way an "exclusive/shared" icon can also be used to indicate the mode.

Image1.png

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
Sorry but I have to share this.
This is a 28K euro pre.It's not mine so I won't tell which.But have a look:

pre.PNG

Sweep -36 to -06db

pre sp.PNG

Spectrum

I know it could be better or worst with someone who actually knows how to measure or have the right gear.
But still...

Grooved

foobar does this for decade I haven't seen anyone complain about it. Some people have installed too many virtual devices, API support, and without disabling unused device like GPU HDMI/DP output and such of course will make the list much longer, but I always disable unused stuff. In the case of Realtek, the device will disappear when there is nothing plugged in.

Another way to do this is similar to what Multitone Analyzer does. ASIO control panel icons show up when ASIO is being selected in the drop down list, the same way an "exclusive/shared" icon can also be used to indicate the mode.
But Foobar is made to listen, so you don't need to change device as often as when during measurements... if there's no other possibility, it wouldn't be a drama for me, but I would even prefer still having to open the setting window and change it from there, and having just a little box added on the main window showing "ASIO", WASAPI Shared", "WASAPI Exclusive", "DS",...

Grooved

Lowering the gain gets a little better:

View attachment 220367

I'm not sure if you can already make measurement for anything with your E-MU, maybe with the addition of a Cosmos APU, it would be perfect. But for now, if I'm not wrong, you can't reach better than -100dB for TD+N at this moment (maybe you got better since the last measurement you've shown).

For example, I get -123.8dB with Tone2 Pro SPDIF input -> Balanced outputs -> Cosmos ADC in Mono:
Tone2 Pro to Cosmos ADC -123.8dB.png

Sokel

Master Contributor
I'm not sure if you can already make measurement for anything with your E-MU, maybe with the addition of a Cosmos APU, it would be perfect. But for now, if I'm not wrong, you can't reach better than -100dB for TD+N at this moment (maybe you got better since the last measurement you've shown).

For example, I get -123.8dB with Tone2 Pro SPDIF input -> Balanced outputs -> Cosmos ADC in Mono:
View attachment 220379
You're right,I cant,I have to make a nice front end like this one (half of it at least} so I can measure more that one volt :( properly.
You can see the limits for now in it's own loop,around -101 THD&N as is.

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
@pkane may I ask something if is really not trouble?
Can we have a "select all" button in history?
I want to erase all my mess at once :facepalm:

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@pkane may I ask something if is really not trouble?
Can we have a "select all" button in history?
I want to erase all my mess at once :facepalm:

If you don't have anything selected, press the red X in history -- this will clear all entries. History automatically keeps a limited number of entries, I think it's 30. Older ones are automatically removed.

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
I found 2 little problems in history.
First,it doesn't load more than one measurement and second when i try to change color it freezes and I have to exit it by the task manager.
Pretty minor stuff,I hope it helps.

history.PNG

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I found 2 little problems in history.
First,it doesn't load more than one measurement and second when i try to change color it freezes and I have to exit it by the task manager.
Pretty minor stuff,I hope it helps.

View attachment 220565

Hmm, that's a strange one. I can select as many as I want and change colors with nothing hanging.

Don't tell me I need to resolve graphics driver issues, now that I almost fixed audio driver-related ones ;) I'll see if I can reproduce this. Did this work before, or was it always like this?

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is something I've wanted for some time. I assumed it might be a big chore for you to implement. Is handy for checking imaging or aliasing. So will it be in the next version?

This was always the plan :) Yes, once it get to fully test this with multiple devices and PCs, it'll be in a new release.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Hmm, that's a strange one. I can select as many as I want and change colors with nothing hanging.

Don't tell me I need to resolve graphics driver issues, now that I almost fixed audio driver-related ones ;) I'll see if I can reproduce this. Did this work before, or was it always like this?
It work fine before!I also found that measuring with WASAPI (shared) the screen makes that glitch again,it didn't do it in the previous.
(that or I have everything on the verge of fire as usual,my friends say I'm a cannibal :cool: )

Sokel

Master Contributor
What does "glitch" look like?
It's like the right side of the screen fills with distortion,like a huge spike.
With ASIO everything is fine and the results are almost identical between the two.

Top Bottom