• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rock music is Dead? (Spoiler: No)

iMickey503

Forum Donor
That Drummer is unreal! That Punch at her voice at 2:28. THIS is what its about. Does not looked staged.

The madman she is at 3:00! I had drums. THAT is NOT easy. SHE IS FAST! She makes up for lack of raw strengthe by throwing her body into the drum kit.
THIS IS A HARD KORE MUSICIAN. Give it all you got.

The other two are Mmm.. Out of their element it seems. But the Video... Could have been done so much better. Seem like they are just being bothered with filming for the camera. Looks unreal and staged. Riff is okay. Nothing really stands out with the other two's voice. They are nice. But just not L7 level.
I'll keep an eye out on these guys. Good find!

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
Don't know if dead, but rock has always been a juvenile thing, all the relevant bands were kids when they succeeded, and it is true that the last time rock was a big thing for young people was in the 90s.
Since then, the average age of performers (new ones included) and audience has been increasing significantly and teenagers could not care less about it.
But nevermind, today's music can also be good and the old vinyls (edit: and Keith Richards) are not going to become dust before we do :D

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There appears to be an inordinate amount of ASR participants who are a bunch of "Ambulance Chasers"!
Here and there!
Daaaaaaang!

iMickey503

Forum Donor
OKAY BOYS! ROCK is BACK on the MENU!
Check out Pumped Up Kicks (Amazon Original) by Giovannie and the Hired Guns on Amazon Music
https://music.amazon.com/albums/B09SBRQRMF?ref=dm_sh_sy57dxng0GGVPetahTM5LP0GX

1650002972892.png

1650003005800.png

My Kind of band!
s817489822759205199_p108_i1_w1920.jpeg

1650003153636.png

1650003212008.png

1650003233144.png

With their third full-length due out in 2022, Giovannie & The Hired Guns remain intent on bringing that unbridled passion to each and every live set. “Anytime we’re onstage the most important thing is connecting with the crowd in a way that makes them feel like they’re part of the show,” says Yanez. “Everyone’s got their struggles and their demons, but hopefully our music can help people let go a little and feel like everything’s going to be okay. I know it’s been the thing that’s kept me sane, and now I just want to keep spreading that love.”

TO seal the DEAL? OKay...
They are PRO strip club Music players.
I SHIT YOU A KNOT!

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll start. This is so badass it brings me to tears. That two people can bring it like this blows me away. From 2005.

But it is almost two decades old :)

F

freemansteve

Plenty of good rock since 2000, but no point in me providing a list as we'll argue about a strict definition of what "rock" is.

For me, the issue is separating the tons of derivative stuff (albeit often well-played), from music that is a genuinely new take, with a bit of originality, whether strictly rock or not....

Pogre

Rock will never die. It just keeps changing and evolving. Rock today is quite different from Rock when it was first defined. There are songs considered Rock today that I would have called heavy metal when I was a kid.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This great rant by the bald-f*ck (MattPinfield) was a hidden track on a LimpBizkit CD ('outro'?).
Re: State of music radio...
If you like LimpBizkit; then, you would not want to watch this upset computer talk smack about themo_O

iMickey503

Forum Donor
NEW entry TODAY.
My Hand Banger Brethren, ZEUS and his kind has Handed us down a Banger.

The Music Video? Could be better. But the song, Staccatos, All the good stuff that makes music a JOY to listen to. Not just FORTISSIMO all the way through. Its ALIVE!

Its like NIN or FIlter in the GOlden days or stabbing westward and STAINED all rolled up in one.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It happened in all western music history, music evolves with society. All genres died because eventually their landmarks were no longer distinguishable and they were better described with another name. However, in any piece of music there is always a sign of the preceding ones, so it will die (or it is already, don't know really), but it will resonate forever. Hope that provides some comfort and relieve.

Pogre

NEW entry TODAY.
My Hand Banger Brethren, ZEUS and his kind has Handed us down a Banger.

The Music Video? Could be better. But the song, Staccatos, All the good stuff that makes music a JOY to listen to. Not just FORTISSIMO all the way through. Its ALIVE!

Its like NIN or FIlter in the GOlden days or stabbing westward and STAINED all rolled up in one.
Oh shit yeah! I'm really digging this! Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll pay it forward. Here's a band I stumbled across watching a "metal bands from other countries" video and these guys really stood out and kicked some ass. It doesn't hurt that they sing in English too. They're really heavy, but you can hear the cultural influences too. Good stuff.

Bloodywood: Machi Bhasad (Expect A Riot!)

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Rock music is dead? No, definitely no.
I recommend especially these bands:
Black Country, New Road - "For the First Time" (2021) and "Ants From Up There" (2022).
Squid - Bright Green Field (2021)
black midi - Cavalcade (2021)
Greetings :cool:

Top Bottom