• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CD superiority!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Look, i have to say regardless of the current trends and opinions of the science of audio I have to say as an avid streaming nut that no matter the amount of streaming promise any world platform may promise there is just the current plain truth to any mans ears that such a platform still cannot surpass CD! Even at 16 bit 44hrz a professionally recorded CD has less noise than even a 24 bit 192hrz steam on any platform! Streaming just is not there yet...if we all survive the next war or rumour of such we may see an improvement but as it stands today CD holds a darker background, better instrument separation and over all more satisfying sound than any streaming service, sorry guys, the 80s inventions still reigns supreme in the audio dept! Please chirp if you hear diiferently but i willl say that even my £40 Dell external CD player sounds better than 99% of streaming services at present...

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would disagree.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Even at 16 bit 44hrz a professionally recorded CD has less noise than even a 24 bit 192hrz steam on any platform!
please give examples of your comparison as CD name, label, number, track number and stream track URL (or platform and track name).

Yuhasz01

please give examples of your comparison as CD name, label, number, track number and stream track URL (or platform and track name).
Examples? This is ASR right…. Ask for(or perform) measurements

OP
Schlippwhip68

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In regards to CD almost all that have been professionally made since the 80s. I am 54 years old and can assure you of a very diverse musical history and have tested every current streaming platform known to man apart from MQA and can with assurance that they cannot match the quality of CD due to the general mass coverage alone compared to the individuality that can be achieved via CD, streaming is just too damn noisy regardless of how much shielding the highest audiophile my spend in avoiding.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In regards to CD almost all that have been professionally made since the 80s. I am 54 years old and can assure you of a very diverse musical history and have tested every current streaming platform known to man apart from MQA and can with assurance that they cannot match the quality of CD due to the general mass coverage alone compared to the individuality that can be achieved via CD, streaming is just too damn noisy regardless of how much shielding the highest audiophile my spend in avoiding.
You are repeating your original post without adding anything. If you don’t allow anyone else to experience what you claim to have, then your post has no purpose.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
but as it stands today CD holds a darker background, better instrument separation and over all more satisfying sound than any streaming service,
How do you qualify "a darker background, separation, or satisfying sound?
Please provide verifiable evidence and measurements to support your claims.
"I hear it so it is so" just doesn't fly around here.

"streaming is just too damn noisy regardless of how much shielding the highest audiophile my spend in avoiding."
If it's noisy that should be easily measured, please provide the evidence.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
streaming is just too damn noisy
Noise is an analog phenomenon.* It's being introduced before analog-to-digital conversion, or in your case after digital-to-analog conversion.

* There is (digital) quantization noise but at 16-bits or better it's inaudible under any normal listen conditions. If you make an 8-bit file you can hear it.

It's also possible to get glitches/dropouts with a bad connection or related to a multitasking issue with the computer. These can sound like noise (clicks or pops).

Tremolo

I don't understand what you do not like. Streaming platforms, playing files without a phisical support (even if stored on your own domestic NAS or pc), any digital audio format but 16/44?

threni

Major Contributor
Look, i have to say regardless of the current trends and opinions of the science of audio I have to say as an avid streaming nut that no matter the amount of streaming promise any world platform may promise there is just the current plain truth to any mans ears that such a platform still cannot surpass CD! Even at 16 bit 44hrz a professionally recorded CD has less noise than even a 24 bit 192hrz steam on any platform! Streaming just is not there yet...if we all survive the next war or rumour of such we may see an improvement but as it stands today CD holds a darker background, better instrument separation and over all more satisfying sound than any streaming service, sorry guys, the 80s inventions still reigns supreme in the audio dept! Please chirp if you hear diiferently but i willl say that even my £40 Dell external CD player sounds better than 99% of streaming services at present...
What if you stream a CD? Does the background get less dark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom