• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

faheem

Forum Donor
Hey, add woodworking to the list and you can join me in the poorhouse.

Think I’ll probably stick with the Nikon line and their exceptional customer service...:rolleyes: I’m pretty slow on the learning curve as is. I do little more with my current camera then what I did with my old Nikon FM, except for manipulating the focus point and adjusting EV. Plus I chimp all the time and often retake the shot. Pitiful, I know. Thom Hogan wouldn’t give me the time of day.
Still. I love the craft.
Enjoy!

Haha, I was a chimper as well :D I can use PS a bit, used to do alot of luminosity masking etc. but have no time anymore, so usually just add a vignette. I've setup my RAW to look like the Olympus Natural, so don't touch those either and have a default -15 contrast as I like a softer image with shallower depth of field. I also moved from Adobe to Dxo, specifically fro deep prime but found I prefer DXO approach to their toning.

I haven't read Thom in ages.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
DA25B769-33B9-4ED8-AADE-B100F4264BF1.jpeg
Last one for the nignt. Blue Ridge mountain path, taken while hiking a few weeks back.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Spring cherry blossom viewing in Tokyo (I think) around 1992. My photographic and darkroom skills were both lacking, but I didn't really realize it at the time. But I sort of like this one, scanned from inexpertly-processed (by my younger self) Ektachrome transparency.
1992 Japan Tokyo Cherry Blossom Tour-111.png

faheem

Forum Donor
Spring cherry blossom viewing in Tokyo (I think) around 1992. My photographic and darkroom skills were both lacking, but I didn't really realize it at the time. But I sort of like this one, scanned from inexpertly-processed (by my younger self) Ektachrome transparency.
View attachment 139415

This is impressive, unique composition.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
This is impressive, unique composition.
Definitely. The low horizon makes this photograph stand out. Truth...I’m not sure how much I’d like it if I hadn’t given myself time to look at it. When you’ve spent most of your life trying to photograph inside the “box of proper composition” it’s hard to see outside it. The “faded Ektachrome” is wonderful.

Rewards to the daring... ; ) Nice Shot Jeff.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Think I’ll probably stick with the Nikon line and their exceptional customer service...:rolleyes: I’m pretty slow on the learning curve as is. I do little more with my current camera then what I did with my old Nikon FM, except for manipulating the focus point and adjusting EV.
Maybe then the brand new Nikon Z fc is meant for you ...

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Do you know why peacocks don't lay eggs?

Peahens do it for them... Five new chicks in my Winter Park backyard yesterday., July 6, 2021!1625640888740.jpeg

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Definitely. The low horizon makes this photograph stand out. Truth...I’m not sure how much I’d like it if I hadn’t given myself time to look at it. When you’ve spent most of your life trying to photograph inside the “box of proper composition” it’s hard to see outside it. The “faded Ektachrome” is wonderful.

Rewards to the daring... ; ) Nice Shot Jeff.
Yes but at the time I did not know what "the box" was :D

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Top Bottom