• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A New Cable Company - First Run Copper

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Another option, where we would be the first movers - at least I believe, I could be surprised - would be dietary supplements targeting the audiophile market. Homeopathic, of course.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
“Would dilithium monocrystals in a product from First Run Copper be too ironic?”

The system cannie take it captain

JSmith

Master Contributor
Needs more crystals.
Fo sho...
Year 2010 we designed the popular Alien Crystal formula which was best suited for amplifiers. Shortly thereafter we released the Paradise Crystal Formula which was designed for CD players, DACs and transports. We improved on this with the Dolphin Crystal Formula, however, it wasn't optimal for amplifiers. Year 2014 we released the successful Unreal Crystal Formula which was optimal for all components in the audio system. We spent almost two years refining the Unreal formula with Hyper and Holy crystal treatments...and late year 2015 the H2U2 Crystal Formula was born! Year 2018 we made the Superstar Crystal Formula, and year 2019 the Supernova!
http://audiophile.rocks/technology.html

... ze mind boggles.

JSmith

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I'm looking to cash in on the large number of enthusiasts that have lots of money and are willing to believe anything. I'm looking for investors in my company "First Run Copper" - where we only use copper run through the extrusion process the first time. We will capitalize on the idea that "First pressed olive oil is better, so why wouldn't you want extra virgin copper?" It doesn't really matter that all copper is made the same way, as long as the cable looks the money.

We're going to give a lifetime return policy, with only a 10% restocking fee. The 10% restocking fee will be 10x the cost of making the cable, so just imagine how much we'll make if no one returns it!

Get this cable into the hands of What HiFi, the Audiophiliac and Fremer and we should be able to retire in a year or two.

View attachment 119893

If I were evil, I'd ask my wife to put together a website for this wonderful company. Then people could link it at audiophile forums.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Better be cold-pressed in a vacuum, maybe around (-400F), to minimize impurities caused by free-radicals reacting with the copper. Make sure you have a full moon special edition, and manufacture the cables in the EU so you can get a Protected Designated of Origin (PDO) label.
Can we have some flown to Mars and have it bombarded with cosmic rays? Might be a bit of a backorder on that batch tho...

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
We need to throw some pseudo science into the mix. We know from Ohms Law that current is lost. The longer the cable is run, the more loss, that’s why for the longer runs you may use 12 gauge. Why don’t we sell 3 meter and shorter lengths that start at 14 gauge (amp end) and taper down to 16 gauge (speaker end). Longer runs would go from 12 to 14 gauge. We’ll butcher Ohms Law by arguing that when current first hits the cable it flows freely and is then compressed for the end run where the electrons are literally bursting to get free, creating increased energy that will literally open up a tube amp like nothing you ever heard before.

We could easily splice two gauges together and use an artificially thicker jacket for the first half of the cable to really accentuate the gauge difference. Then call it something sophisticated like “Inverse Resistance Technology”.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can we have some flown to Mars and have it bombarded with cosmic rays? Might be a bit of a backorder on that batch tho...
Yes I'll get Elon right on it.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We need to throw some pseudo science into the mix. We know from Ohms Law that current is lost. The longer the cable is run, the more loss, that’s why for the longer runs you may use 12 gauge. Why don’t we sell 3 meter and shorter lengths that start at 14 gauge (amp end) and taper down to 16 gauge (speaker end). Longer runs would go from 12 to 14 gauge. We’ll butcher Ohms Law by arguing that when current first hits the cable it flows freely and is then compressed for the end run where the electrons are literally bursting to get free, creating increased energy that will literally open up a tube amp like nothing you ever heard before.

We could easily splice two gauges together and use an artificially thicker jacket for the first half of the cable to really accentuate the gauge difference. Then call it something sophisticated like “Inverse Resistance Technology”.
You know the electrons will increase velocity as the wire narrows which could be a plus (increased velocity=increased dynamic range, SNR, etc) or a negative (electrons dislike fighting for space on a crowded and increasingly smaller wire).

JSmith

Master Contributor
electrons
1616557270412.png

JSmith

Jas0_0

Forum Donor
Rather than outmoded pure copper, I think First Run should use superconducting copper oxides. Flawless signal delivery and maglev is the perfect cable lifter.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

I like your thinking, but I would suggest considering a subtle re-direction. One of the classic marketing schemes in technology is perpetual motion. I think that the cables could have a conductor (maybe a semiconductor!) spiralled around the cable to collect that lost energy inductively and funnel it from the source to the load. Maybe quantum tunneling?

Give it some thought. ;)

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
These idiots are selling 1000 ft of solid 12 gauge copper wire for only 20¢ foot. We'll use them as our source distributor, cut it into 333 (3') pieces, throw on a fancy jacket and banana posts. We'll also have to mark the jackets with numbers so that we can sell them as "matching pair cables" - if the numbers for the right and left speakers don't match you're just not going to get the best out of these cables.

So the wire will cost us $1.20 per pair of 3' cables. Jacket 30¢, binding posts 50¢. Labor will be free, that's your investment cost. If restocking fee of 10% is 10x the cost of the cable , then the cable will retail at 100x cost, so we're talking about $200 per 3' pair.

I'm taking these three pages of posts to my local bank and applying for an SBA loan. When the bank manager questions who would buy anything like this, I'll show them this link.

Then we'll run GENUINE, double-blind listening tests against Kimber Kable and Nordost showing that our cables are JUST as transparent and at a price so low you'd be a fool not to buy them.

Top Bottom