• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

dmac6419

Major Contributor
I'm not stressed out, I have a DAC in place now that is audibly transparent anyway so when I use the X16 I am not going to hear any difference anyway. Ultimately I went with the X16 as it is SOTA and will be audibly transparent, but really it was that it came in silver to better match my integrated amp. I still think we are talking about a mid January shipping window, but this is one time I would love to be wrong!
I'm thinking the same,but I always check the MQA page to see if it made it to the playback device list,they update that as soon as they approve something.

dmac6419

Major Contributor

Parkerjon

Has anyone received theirs yet?
I ordered mine on November 14th from SHENZHENAUDIO

Thanks

Fjfjsh

Has anyone received theirs yet?
I ordered mine on November 14th from SHENZHENAUDIO

Thanks

If anyone has received a unit they wouldn't be allowed to tell you because gustard could get in serious trouble for selling unlicensed units to the public. Just a guess though....

A Surfer

Major Contributor
I just read an email from SHENZHENAUDIO and the rep (Bonnie) said that shipping should be middle of January. Damn, I wish that I had been wrong. Who knows, maybe things will go faster than they think? Anyway, as I had said, based on everything that I had read to this point it looked like middle of January and this just seems to confirm this. First world problems for sure.

gustard

Audio Company
X16 uses XU216, XMOS must be clear to everyone, this does not require much explanation.

gustard

Audio Company
Yes, the GUSTARD dedicated driver supports ASIO, and the sound is the best.

The dedicated driver can be downloaded from the official website of GUSTARD http://www.gustard.cn/.
Or download provided by the merchant.

Windows 10's own driver can also work, but it does not support ASIO, and the sound is not good enough.

Last edited:

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Only bother if there is some feature or significant price difference. The D90 and X16 are both audibly transparent so in blind listening testing you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. And 3 months from now another DAC will come along and best the X16 in some small, but ultimately immaterial way. We really are in the golden age where reasonable cash outlays nets us gear that even five years ago for comparable performance would have been quite a bit pricier. Good times to be buying DACs and other audio gear. Heck even speakers are getting better and less expensive. What is the world coming to?

catbb67

Is this delay of Gustard x16 some kind of example of how manufacturers can become hostage of some defacto standard, e.g. Roon, MQA, etc.?

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Is this delay of Gustard x16 some kind of example of how manufacturers can become hostage of some defacto standard, e.g. Roon, MQA, etc.?
To an extent. Still, if we want robust, cutting edge development, we need standards and certification processes. Not saying I am an MQA believer, because I'm not, but I do like when companies strive to take things to the next level.

Top Bottom