• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Do you know if there’s a shortage on the AKM4490 chip? I’ve been waiting since Black Friday to get my D90.
D90 uses AK4499 not 4490. And if it's sold out it's gone. Take a look at D70s maybe. Or X16. Jusk as your seller.

AlfieFroud

D90 uses AK4499 not 4490. And if it's sold out it's gone. Take a look at D70s maybe. Or X16. Jusk as your seller.
Thanks. I purchased from Shenzhenaudio and they had said they’re waiting to get more stock but I’ll have a look at the D70s instead then.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
I've got a chat few minutes ago with Shenzhen audio on their website and the told me delivery will be mid January, so I asked for cancelling the order. The answer was "we are in holidays right now".

@SHENZHENAUDIO , I want my money back, either or you cancel from your side or I ask to Paypal. Is it possible to have my money back without complications? Do you need my invoice number?

I have a french website about audio and I prefer to talk about positive experience better than negative ones.

Thanks in advance.
Two things. First, using a threat of public shaming by implying that you have a website of some sort in France I believe where you will give Gustard bad coverage is really over the top. If you must resort to threats, it would be better to do so privately by email or PM. Mid January is almost here anyway. By the time you cancel the order, order something new and have it arrive, you probably are not much further ahead in terms of time, maybe even worse off.

I doubt Gustard will be too worried from the implied threat of negative publicity generated by you unless somehow (and maybe you are) you are somebody with influence and enough followers to matter. Personally, I would remove the threat from your post and either wait the three weeks at this point, or cancel the order more privately as this doesn't seem like a situation that warrants such a strong reaction as a public shame campaign. Certainly not yet anyway. Just my opinion.

Veri

Master Contributor
Two things. First, using a threat of public shaming by implying that you have a website of some sort in France I believe where you will give Gustard bad coverage is really over the top.
Being pedantic but it wasn't directed at Gustard but rather the seller he ordered at.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Two things. First, using a threat of public shaming by implying that you have a website of some sort in France I believe where you will give Gustard bad coverage is really over the top. If you must resort to threats, it would be better to do so privately by email or PM. Mid January is almost here anyway. By the time you cancel the order, order something new and have it arrive, you probably are not much further ahead in terms of time, maybe even worse off.

I doubt Gustard will be too worried from the implied threat of negative publicity generated by you unless somehow (and maybe you are) you are somebody with influence and enough followers to matter. Personally, I would remove the threat from your post and either wait the three weeks at this point, or cancel the order more privately as this doesn't seem like a situation that warrants such a strong reaction as a public shame campaign. Certainly not yet anyway. Just my opinion.
Done.

Anyway 15 days ago Shenzhen audio told me it was ready to ship 15 days later and today it is the same story. And when I ask for cancellation, they cant't because they are in holidays. So they have my money since 2 months and so what is next?

And I do not have to use poetry, just factual, and you will understand by yourself something is wrong. You order, you pay, and you do not know 2 months later when you will have the product. That's not a story I have imagined.

cbayschm

Forum Donor
Done.

Anyway 15 days ago Shenzhen audio told me it was ready to ship 15 days later and today it is the same story. And when I ask for cancellation, they cant't because they are in holidays. So they have my money since 2 months and so what is next?

Wait until monday to cancel? It's new years eve... That they replied today was a miracle.

And ShenzhenAudio is not at fault for the delay and they told you the information that was repeated to them from Gustard.

If you have been following this thread, you know Gustard already has appeared and given explanations as to the delay.

If you want to cancel, it's fine, it's up to you, but to give them a hard time for not cancelling your order December 31st I feel is a bit harsh.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wait until monday to cancel? It's new years eve... That they replied today was a miracle.

And ShenzhenAudio is not at fault for the delay and they told you the information that was repeated to them from Gustard.

If you have been following this thread, you know Gustard already has appeared and given explanations as to the delay.

If you want to cancel, it's fine, it's up to you, but to give them a hard time for not cancelling your order December 31st I feel is a bit harsh.
+1
@renaudrenaud please do not cancel.
Remember you promised to inform me the additional expense of import clearance once delivered, so if you cancel I won't know

So ....

ABall

Forum Donor
+1
@renaudrenaud please do not cancel.
Remember you promised to inform me the additional expense of import clearance once delivered, so if you cancel I won't know

So ....

I'm not sure of the exact details but this I know, in the UK I have been very lucky to avoid paying VAT and import duties on most of the goods I have purchased from around the globe. From tomorrow Australia have to fill out forms and pre pay VAT to us, Vadim told me he will no longer sell to the UK because of the new rules, I'm sure this will apply to all countries outside of the EU but that's a guess. From tomorrow Germany does not have to charge VAT to the UK so we can assume that's the case for all EU countries. What we dont know is if this is going to close the loophole where goods slipped through without import duties and VAT, my guess is that will end... there could be good reason to order your DAC tonight....
Alan.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not sure of the exact details but this I know, in the UK I have been very lucky to avoid paying VAT and import duties on most of the goods I have purchased from around the globe. From tomorrow Australia have to fill out forms and pre pay VAT to us, Vadim told me he will no longer sell to the UK because of the new rules, I'm sure this will apply to all countries outside of the EU but that's a guess. From tomorrow Germany does not have to charge VAT to the UK so we can assume that's the case for all EU countries. What we dont know is if this is going to close the loophole where goods slipped through without import duties and VAT, my guess is that will end... there could be good reason to order your DAC tonight....
Alan.
A bit derailing, but I had a bad experience buying IEM's in US sent to my friend sending by post to France, not worth it.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
[QUOTE="abdo123, post: 621157, member: 22165"]They claim that they pay for it, there is a member here from Germany who said that they didn't pay anything extra. they could be on this thread.[/QUOTE]

How ? In advance, after ? Need to be trust worthy.
It's worth to share experience.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How ? In advance, after ? Need to be trust worthy.
It's worth to share experience.

I think they pay for it in Advance, the EU makes a lot of tax breaks for China so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re using some sort of hyperbole.

I canceled my order for the X16 (I changed my audio plans), but I didn’t pay anything extra for import tax. And i heard testimonies on this site that indeed they pay it.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think they pay for it in Advance, the EU makes a lot of tax breaks for China so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re using some sort of hyperbole.

I canceled my order for the X16 (I changed my audio plans), but I didn’t pay anything extra for import tax. And i heard testimonies on this site that indeed they pay it.

Yep I just noticed it here : Europe (with all tax & duty paid)
https://hifigo.com/pages/track-order

I'll give it a go next time jump for new Chifi gear.

gustard

Audio Company
X16 is the first batch of MQA review list for the new year, and we hope to complete the product delivery as soon as possible.
The delayed delivery of the product is our responsibility, not Shenzhen Audio.
Due to our reasons, we have brought you unpleasant shopping, I am very sorry!

Top Bottom