• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
PS. ASRist (two syllables) sounds like the name of some lesser-known but terrifying Assyrian or ancient northern European deity. :rolleyes:

it's actually the region where the name assassin comes from, so....

or would you like him to get his confirmation? :eek:

When you truly believe the last six feet makes a difference!

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

holbob

This review popped up on my Google feed the other day :-

https://www.dagogo.com/sw1x-audio-design-dac-iii-review/2/

My favourite bits are

"I believe multiple decimal place THD numbers are often hiding too much damping from excessive feedback and attempting to pass off high harmonics as ‘clean’"

“In componentry I often find a little editorializing can help sell me an illusion of how a recording sounds that I almost always find more believable than the illusion that ultra-low distortion perfect-measuring amplifiers give me.“

and especially

"The detail is orderly and arranged, composed evenly from front to back, left to right, top to bottom and even diagonally"

NgtFlyer

Never ceases to amuse me what some people are led to believe!
18920862_10155488159801579_3619814354263389584_o.jpg

Last edited:

JSHamlet234

Let's not forget the $$$$ thingie on a stick that "ties the soundstage together"!

I usually only bust out the magic orb-on-a-stick during the spring equinox. There was this one time, when I still an orb-on-a-stick newbie, that I used it during a new moon in September. All my tweeters blew that night, and a black cat tried to eat my soul.

Martini

Forum Donor
I usually only bust out the magic orb-on-a-stick during the spring equinox. There was this one time, when I still an orb-on-a-stick newbie, that I used it during a new moon in September. All my tweeters blew that night, and a black cat tried to eat my soul.

Do what??? A little word of advice -
:p

Booker

Forum Donor
Top Bottom