• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

NgtFlyer

I wonder if 'audio grade' is low on the scale of capacitor applications/specs.

It is. Looks like someone let the snake oil out of these..

Attachments

• FakeCapacitor1.jpg
    FakeCapacitor1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 346

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a serious problem...a smattering of scientific knowledge and a conscience. I consider "products"
like this theft, scams, bilking, etc. Despicable. I am sad for the victims.:facepalm:

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand it is somewhat a scam. On the other, the buyers are willing participants. People are foolish with their money all the time. If they choose to purchase products without any investigation, they deserve what they get. I would feel a bit different if it was an actual scam.

Reactions: GDK

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand it is somewhat a scam. On the other, the buyers are willing participants. People are foolish with their money all the time. If they choose to purchase products without any investigation, they deserve what they get. I would feel a bit different if it was an actual scam.
I agree. I look at it as a voluntary distribution of wealth by people that probably have too much money to begin with - sort of like a wealth tax. If you want to buy a $15,000 DAC because some random person on the internet tells you it’s wonderful, be my guest. If there’s also sales tax added on top of that, then all the better...

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
First line says it all. "Roger Skoff is an economist and entrepreneur," hes all about money. And what better way to get rich quick than selling to audiophools.. Hes a salesman. Snakeoil anyone?

Last edited:

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
09B15794-2962-4F5B-92D9-88131F6CE2DA.jpeg

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm having a blast with a guy who has a $16,000 audio systems and swears that I'm an idiot because I say cables don't make any differences. The thread is gold for some laughs and to remember that the "Sound Science" subforum at Head-Fi ain't serious at all. He's saying that my poor Heresy and my Sanskrit 10th Mk.II are nothing compared to the heights of summit-fi. I feel depressed guys..

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/how...ke-a-difference.481385/page-131#post-15952414

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

magicscreen

Can I put this "cat ear" onto an expensive audiophile headphone?
Will the sound quality be better?
71P6hnbq2bL._AC_SL1500_.jpg61l36a-8F6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: GDK
Top Bottom