• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
FB_IMG_1605850702298.jpg

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Borresen 01:
borresen_01_01.jpg

I've heard these at several shows and they are some of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. The bass quantity and depth belie their small size. I'd love to see measurements.

If you like standard box speakers Fritz personally hand builds a pretty, small and simple speaker in any veneer you want. His Carbon 7:
TeakCarbon7mk2900.jpg

I used to own a pair and they sound really good. I'd love to see them measured.

Martin

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Introducing The most beautiful loudspeaker in the world - Waterfall Audio. Period.
The smallest model - Waterfall Iguascu Evo:
View attachment 94647
Glass enclosure, damping material in a short tube immediately behind the midbass driver.
Sounds good too.

Waterfall Victoria Evo:

View attachment 94649

Passive (auxiliary) radiator at the bottom of the pedestal (the same as in Iguascu):
View attachment 94648

Waterfall Niagara, with glass horn on a top:
View attachment 94650

And all three together:
View attachment 94652
Unfortunately, they don't sound as nice as they look. I compared the Victoria Evo to the KEF Q750, and they were just dull. The amp was a Hegel H190, so I don't think the problem was a lack of power. Pity, because if they would have sounded better, I'd have ponied up the €2400 price difference with full support of my wife (who immediately noticed the imaging quality of the Q750 and the dullness of the Victoria Evo).

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've heard these at several shows and they are some of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. The bass quantity and depth belie their small size. I'd love to see measurements.
The people responsible for these started off Raido which they then sold on and started Borresen, linked also to Aavik, which sell a 35 grand integrated with a beautiful case and using B&O class d amp modules.
The Raido speakers I have seen tests of on HiFi News have had hideous performance but also look beautiful.

Juhazi

Major Contributor

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The people responsible for these started off Raido which they then sold on and started Borresen, linked also to Aavik, which sell a 35 grand integrated with a beautiful case and using B&O class d amp modules.
The Raido speakers I have seen tests of on HiFi News have had hideous performance but also look beautiful.

I put B&O class d amp modules in Galaxy Maggiorato aluminum cases for about $800. I am currently using 1000ASP monoblocks I built and I am building a pair of 1200AS1 monoblocks.

The Borresens look a lot like Raidhos. I wonder if they measure as poorly. The last show I saw them at the US distributor was hawking Ansuz Acoustics power and ethernet switches. The BS and snake oil was flowing like water over Niagara Falls.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Introducing The most beautiful loudspeaker in the world - Waterfall Audio. Period.
The smallest model - Waterfall Iguascu Evo:
View attachment 94647
Glass enclosure, damping material in a short tube immediately behind the midbass driver.
Sounds good too.

Waterfall Victoria Evo:

View attachment 94649

Passive (auxiliary) radiator at the bottom of the pedestal (the same as in Iguascu):
View attachment 94648

Waterfall Niagara, with glass horn on a top:
View attachment 94650

And all three together:
View attachment 94652

they would make awesome fish tanks

Vladimir Filevski

Unfortunately, they don't sound as nice as they look. I compared the Victoria Evo to the KEF Q750, and they were just dull. The amp was a Hegel H190, so I don't think the problem was a lack of power. Pity, because if they would have sounded better, I'd have ponied up the €2400 price difference with full support of my wife (who immediately noticed the imaging quality of the Q750 and the dullness of the Victoria Evo).
My remark "Sounds good too" was about the Iguascu Evo. I didn't have enough time to hear Victoria Evo also. There were so much things to see in Paris, and I have only 12 days spare...
Shame about the dull sound of Victoria Evo, but it is relatively easy to modify any crossover.
And yes, KEF and all other coaxial loudspeakers are soundstage kings.

Vladimir Filevski

And they don't look that good anyway.
I beg to differ...
The beauty is in the eye of beholder.
It is not only the "cool" glass enclosure, in Waterfall loudspeakers are implemented very neat designers choices - like thin conductive strips instead of round wires, damping material is hidden in a short tube, crossover and PR are hidden in a non-obtrusive pedestal base.

Top Bottom