• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard A18

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Why not do a max 6v and 3v measurement? Since it capable.
There's a SINAD vs Voltage graph.
Gustard A18 DAC USB RCA and XLR THD+N vs Output Level  Audio Measurements.png

Nemo

Forum Donor

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't know if it is just me, but after download I cannot open it on my Mac nor with RAR EXpander, neither Stuffit EXpander: admittedly I barely have to use these applications anymore: any other source for the manuals? Thanks!

I downloaded and everything is fine.

I use WinRAR v5.91 here, on mac use:
https://theunarchiver.com/

Nemo

Forum Donor

Nejiro

Hi everyone, I apologize if I use a translator but unfortunately I do not speak English ..... Today I received the Gustard A18 and the version with optical input and mqa arrived, I installed the drivers from here https: // download .shenzhenaudio.com / # all version 4.86 and I followed the instructions inside to configure foobar only that the DSDs do not go as they should and that is that the window below of the drivers tells me that asio is running in pcm mode while on dac display it says dsd, I saw that to use asio / dsd I have to change the output module and put DSDTranscoder, I helped myself by reading this guide https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/digital/pc-software/foobar- 2000-for-dummies-part-3-new-experimental-sacd-plugin-v-0-9-x / however using this output module I don't like the result and if I do a mixed compilation between pcm and dsd often when it passes from one format to another playback stops, so now I'm using the output module [DSD] "da driver c ", in this way it reproduces everything except the dsd512s (for the dsd512s I have to use the DSDTrascoder module) but the driver window tells me that I am using asio in pcm mode, can you tell me if there is a difference between asio in pcm mode and dsd mode, I don't notice any difference, or if you can tell me which is the right output module .....
Two more questions, always in the driver options window, do you keep safe mode checked or without? Reading the manual it says that by default on the analog outputs there is the American standard and inverted is the Japanese / European standard so i'm in Italy i have to set the inverted phase?
Thanks

Last edited:

Ntrax

Audio Company
After I sold my D90, move on to A18 Standard for a day and sold it. Ordered the MQA version. After nearly a month, finally I don't need to use XD05plus as DAC. Just in time for the weekend. Great and affordable. A18 MQA》IHA-6》Modded 2C.
Gustard A18 MQA:
Highly recommended.
☆☆☆☆☆Neutral Sound.
☆☆☆☆Good Soundstage.
☆☆☆☆☆Excellent Clarity.
☆☆☆☆Good Separation.
☆☆☆☆☆Performance
☆☆☆☆☆Build Quality
☆☆☆☆☆Price
☆☆☆Configuration

*ANYONE FOUND OUT HOW TO DO THIS?
(DAC-A18 uses the new remote control, please press and hold the DAC key for more
than 3 seconds to enter the DAC operation mode.)

I really have no idea what is this about, does it make it pure dac mode? I already tried numerous combination, press and hold, just press, power off while holding the DAC Button on remote etc.....

OR is it just talking about the DAC center button, hold 3 sec to enter DAC menu options.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

1604757616453.png

Morla

Forum Donor
I think the DAC button on the remote just selects the DAC instead of a gustard amp or a gustard streamer.

For me 3 seconds holding does nothing. I get into options by the menu button.

Top Bottom